Wyatt Made Me Do It!

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
It's all his fault, he @71Polara383 is a bad influence on everyone around him! He can't leave well enough alone! He's ruined me! First a Fuselage, and now this!

PXL_20221227_221123147.jpg

I did some serious thinking after he got his Scatpack, and found this gently used 2020 Widebody at a dealer just outside of Minneapolis. 7358 miles as I drove off their lot. I took it for a 125 mile test drive to my house, and I was glad the roads were in good shape for this time of year, especially considering the fun weather we had last week. Other than going a few blocks away, and into storage, that's probably the only winter driving it will ever see. It certainly doesn't like snow! I didn't have a chance to open it up, but I'll have plenty of chances come spring time. Another benefit not living in the country.

I should have bought something practical, my Avenger has seen better days and didn't like the freezing cold last week. My original plan was to get a later model Charger in a couple of years, I miss the '12 SXT I had and wanted to replace it. After looking around, and thinking a little, I realized now is the time to buy.

I found this car after looking at several others across the country. This one popped up a week ago for less money, with fewer miles, and in a color I really like. These cars aren't growing on trees, so I took advantage of all things aligning and grabbed the car. Like @1978 NYB said, this car could easily get away from a poor driver, it's going to be fun to get to know the car.

It puts the old cars a little bit on the back burner, but they will still get attention. I haven't built a stash of parts for nothing. I'll pick up some overtime when I can to help out with the old iron.

Is it spring already? :lol:

It's all his fault, he @71Polara383 is a bad influence on everyone around him! He can't leave well enough alone! He's ruined me! First a Fuselage, and now this!

View attachment 573267

I did some serious thinking after he got his Scatpack, and found this gently used 2020 Widebody at a dealer just outside of Minneapolis. 7358 miles as I drove off their lot. I took it for a 125 mile test drive to my house, and I was glad the roads were in good shape for this time of year, especially considering the fun weather we had last week. Other than going a few blocks away, and into storage, that's probably the only winter driving it will ever see. It certainly doesn't like snow! I didn't have a chance to open it up, but I'll have plenty of chances come spring time. Another benefit not living in the country.

I should have bought something practical, my Avenger has seen better days and didn't like the freezing cold last week. My original plan was to get a later model Charger in a couple of years, I miss the '12 SXT I had and wanted to replace it. After looking around, and thinking a little, I realized now is the time to buy.

I found this car after looking at several others across the country. This one popped up a week ago for less money, with fewer miles, and in a color I really like. These cars aren't growing on trees, so I took advantage of all things aligning and grabbed the car. Like @1978 NYB said, this car could easily get away from a poor driver, it's going to be fun to get to know the car.

It puts the old cars a little bit on the back burner, but they will still get attention. I haven't built a stash of parts for nothing. I'll pick up some overtime when I can to help out with the old iron.

Mighty fine, man. Mighty fine!

View attachment 573267

nice ride. Do it while you can in life - No regrets!

Sure, @LocuMob, blame Wyatt when he can’t defend himself on this site. :mob:

Awesome car, beautiful color! I’ve been thinking about a move like this for the past couple of years, but the project car is still taking up space in the garage. :BangHead:

Sure, @LocuMob, blame Wyatt when he can’t defend himself on this site. :mob:
I was blaming him before I even got the car. It's his fault I even looked.
Awesome car, beautiful color! I’ve been thinking about a move like this for the past couple of years, but the project car is still taking up space in the garage. :BangHead:
Today is make room day at the storage unit, at least it's in th low 30's.

Just do it, it will feel great!

C'mon now, my cat plays year round, your bee can too :lol:
First winter on the A/S 305's was not great, bought 295 blizzaks for this year

C'mon now, my cat plays year round, your bee can too :lol:
First winter on the A/S 305's was not great, bought 295 blizzaks for this year
A tire change would make it better, but I need a little time for the budget to recover. It is wearing all season Pirelli P Zero tires, but they don't like hardpack snow, and we get a lot of that up here when they take a day to plow. Plus I have the Avenger to eat up all the salt on the road, and protect it from the snowplow.

PXL_20221228_171509733.jpg

Found a window sticker in the glove box, plus owners manual and SRT info. They were under papers from the dealership meant to go inside the window, but they're tinted dark enough you'd never have seen them.

PXL_20221229_052058908.jpg

Super happy for you Scott!
Car looks menacing, and equally bad ***.

How did I just find this post, congratulations on the new toy Scott!! :thumbsup: beautiful color on it too.

Will we see it at Carlisle this year, or will we see the red station wagon?

A tire change would make it better, but I need a little time for the budget to recover. It is wearing all season Pirelli P Zero tires, but they don't like hardpack snow, and we get a lot of that up here when they take a day to plow. Plus I have the Avenger to eat up all the salt on the road, and protect it from the snowplow.

View attachment 573393
Come on have a little fun. But really anything over six inches at a time I have trouble. But she loves to drift around corners in this weather. Granted I don't nearly have the power you do. And everybody thinks I'm crazy.

Back