Yet another tire question

I'd actually considered 255 all the way around, would allow me to actually rotate tires since I drive this car almost every day

My experiences with BFG Radial T/As in P225/70-15 has been very good. Tough, durable, with good snow traction. I did about 90K miles on each of two sets of them. Only thing is their pricing got a bit high when oil prices became elevated.

Before them, I had a set of Pirelli P77s, which were good, until the weather cracking showed me some steel tire cords in the tread groves one day at lunch. Never could get the KONIs adjusted "right" with them. Put on the BFGs and that gutsy handling feel returned. End of story.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

where did you purchase the spacers and do they then have right hand threads?
I got my spacers on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012W6Q7OM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
As I recall, I did have to shave the original studs a hair to get the wheels to seat flat & flush, but it was easy using a right angle grinder with a carbide cut off wheel.
Yes, they are right hand threads. The acorn lug nuts they come with are for mounting the spacer to the hub/drum, you reuse your lug nuts to mount the tire.

I'd actually considered 255 all the way around, would allow me to actually rotate tires since I drive this car almost every day

That would probably look pretty good and may handle nice also. I have a B body and a C with 255's on cop wheels. The B had a lower profile maybe a 50 series. Those on all four would probably handle real good. They are bfg. They suck in the rain. Especially with the sure grip.

That would probably look pretty good and may handle nice also. I have a B body and a C with 255's on cop wheels. The B had a lower profile maybe a 50 series. Those on all four would probably handle real good. They are bfg. They suck in the rain. Especially with the sure grip.
That was always my complaint with them, they're okay on dry highway but really really bad in rain. I like the cobras(and their off brand Hercules hp4000) and to be frank I think they're some of the best tires I've ever put on my cars, excellent dry traction, good in the rain, and they even work in snow.

Back