Yet even more trans seal fun

Buldog9

Reaction score
So today I took it all back apart again. I found the parking pawl jammed past its little home. Will try to get reseated tomorrow and hopefully the trans seal/rooster comb ball and spring/parking pawl saga will be put to rest and I can turn my attention to screwing up other perfectly good things. Thanks all for the guidance without sarcasm.

Sorry things have not gone as smooth as anticipated...but this how we learn. I have screwed up many a thing, but now know a lot about said messed up item. Hope it all comes back together easily.

Well the good thing is I never anticipated it going smoothly. What I did not anticipate was the one problem leading to another. All a direct result from my ineptitude. Fortunately this is strictly a labor of love and not a daily driver. I promised myself on this resto to not rush let it take as long as it takes.I think 4 days on a tranny is about as long as it takes. Oops I am not done yet.

Well the good thing is I never anticipated it going smoothly. What I did not anticipate was the one problem leading to another. All a direct result from my ineptitude. Fortunately this is strictly a labor of love and not a daily driver. I promised myself on this resto to not rush let it take as long as it takes.I think 4 days on a tranny is about as long as it takes. Oops I am not done yet.
Drink more beer while you're working on it. Solves most problems.

OK. Here we go again. My question is this: Does parking pawl just kind of nestle into place into "plug and pin" ? Does snap ring do anything other than to hold "plug and pin" in place? Try as I might I just cant seem to get pawl seated and then bolt tranny in. It seems as it is about a half inch off..

I've never really pulled apart that assembly before...so I can't be much help...SOrry. DO you have a facotry Service manual?

Back