You’re Fired!

In which era was the Vette considered a muscle car vs a sports car? Did people actually cross-shop Corvettes with GTO, Road Runner, etc?
Late 60's? 427 whatever letter number designation it was, a co-worker couldn't stop talking about his '69, but it wasn't an aluminum head version, which was apparently the cat's meow.

No, not the same. Corvair was rear-engine, like a VW Beetle or a Porsche. The Corvette put the transaxle in the rear but still front engine, with a longitudinal driveshaft spinning at engine RPM. They were trying to achieve closer to 50/50 weight distribution without actually going mid-engine.

The new Vette still isn't the same as a Corvair. It is mid-engine, meaning the engine is ahead of the rear axle, not behind it.
Don't take it so literally. They put the trans in the back. If you get the joke smile and enjoy, if you don't just shake your head and move on, you must be a engineer, splitting hairs and such. We don't need a breakdown of how a Corvair works.
Nobody except Corvette people (the weird ones) even care about the mid engine. The sensationalism of that passed many years ago in the 80s when there was not much to talk about with cars, so a different driveline was news.
Playing boy-racer in two cars on surface streets with manufacturer plates
This is the whole story, but without the buzz words and the press dolling it up it's kind of boring
In which era was the Vette considered a muscle car vs a sports car? Did people actually cross-shop Corvettes with GTO, Road Runner, etc?
Stopped having any muscle car equality when solid axle left.
C4 was the last. C5 has the trans in the rear.
Okay a C4 is probably the last I could care for. The 5 is the last year the looks did not go wrong, but I'm old so WTF do I know

Oh I'm old, the odometer just has not caught up.
They always quit working halfway thru the truck's actual lifespan.

s-l400.jpg

Back