The Bluesmobile

I can't find a champion shroud to fit this radiator though.
I used my original shroud on the Champion.
You just have to fab and TIG new mounts for the old shroud plus some snipping at the bottom to clear the bottom radiator hose and the tranny lines.

I'll look at it a little more today. Might just trim it to fit, and add some small brackets to attach it to the rad.

Gotta see if my fan will fit. The shaft might be too long.

I used my original shroud on the Champion.
You just have to fab and TIG new mounts for the old shroud plus some snipping at the bottom to clear the bottom radiator hose and the tranny lines.

You da man! It worked. Trimmed the bottom around the hoses, and she fell in. Also trimmed a few notches above the bottom mounts. I bought some small aluminum stock, cut some small pieces, and drilled a few holes. I screwed the top half to the radiator, and it went down around 2" to mount the shroud too.

Ran to the local parts store 3 damn times to get the correct belt for the power steering pump. After being a little irate I said to hell with it, and mounted the fan, and water pump pulley without cleaning, and painting them. F#ck em. It was a long day.. lol

Luckily my shaft was not too long! Damn, another time I don't get to say it lol.

20161009_185437_zpssac98evc.jpg

20161009_185458_zpspw4bupcg.jpg

Do have a dumb question, which I think I know the answer too. I got the oil pressure sender mounted on the drivers side. Theres another hole on the passenger side. Can I fill this hole with the idiot light sender? Or just put a bolt in it?

20161009_185203_zpstvsezzhs.jpg

Yes, you can use that. If you don't, use a pipe plug, not a regular bolt to fill the hole.

Not much happening lately. Been tinkering here, and there when I get a minute.

Finished hooking the radiator up, along with new hoses. H.E.I. dizzy installed, and wires run. The 440 is all wired up, and waiting. Just needed to trim a few wires, and add a couple new connections. Need a carb, trans cooler lines, and few other little tid bits, and she should be ready to fire. Then on to body work!

%5BURL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/mon...monaco75/IMG_0089_zpsstrmszpz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/mon...monaco75/IMG_0091_zps42tfqozb.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/mon...monaco75/IMG_0093_zpsgmairyos.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/mon...monaco75/IMG_0096_zpsvdo9sm2t.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Ugh...

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

I see you have the same little annoyance as I had. The overflow nipple on the radiator filler neck is welded on at an angle that plays havoc with my OCD.
Damn Chinese prison laborors. They don't sweat the details.,.

Glad we're not alone. Was bugging me too! lol they don't give a damn. The welds are pretty knarly in a few spots as well.

Got back from vacation, and had a little spending $$ left. Fitech is gonna have to wait a while. Trusty old 1406 is now up top. Picked it up tonight with the carb adapter, and misc. pieces. Sure is close to the hood!! Have to cut down the air cleaner stud. The air cleaner touches the hood pad. I'm hoping the poly bushings in the Schumacher mounts keep the engine from moving. The dual snorkel is staying.

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

Looks like it's ready to start:)

It's close!! Can't wait! Damn holiday, and birthdays put a hamper on things this time of year lol.

Need to run some new tranny cooler lines. Stan, what size fitting is on the champion rad for the cooler lines? I believe I remember you saying it was diff then factory. You guys building your own, or buying pre made sets? Next on the list, and I've never done em..

You guys building your own, or buying pre made sets? Next on the list, and I've never done em
I make my own using female flare fittings in radiator and trans then just regular male flare fittings on the line that way you can always use a flare wrench to remove them. Chryslers way only allows you to put a open end wrench on the fittings at the rad and trans, good luck getting a wrench up in there on the front trans fitting and if it turns your F&%ked and will twist the line off. Anything less than a 100% resto I will never use the factory lines. FWIW.

Got back from vacation, and had a little spending $$ left. Fitech is gonna have to wait a while. Trusty old 1406 is now up top. Picked it up tonight with the carb adapter, and misc. pieces. Sure is close to the hood!! Have to cut down the air cleaner stud. The air cleaner touches the hood pad. I'm hoping the poly bushings in the Schumacher mounts keep the engine from moving. The dual snorkel is staying.

Looks great! Nice vacation shot too

Thanks guys!

Hopefully borrowing a tube cutter, and bender from a friend here in the next couple days.

Here's a couple better day shots. The hoods up, and everytime I walk through the garage I have to stop, and get a little stiffy lol.

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

Back