100 car pileup near Munzenberg, Germany today

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
There was a 100 car pileup near Muenzenberg, Germany on the A45 autobahn. Snow and ice and crazy *** driving as usual. I remember a 259 car pileup as the biggest in German crash history.

http://www.foxcrawl.com/2013/03/12/massive-car-pile-up-on-a45-near-muenzenberg-in-germany/

M%C3%BCnzenberg-A45-freeway-pileup.jpg

Should be a zillion dashcams uploaded onto YouTube within a couple of days as the owners retrieve them out of the car at the storage tow lot.

I recall when this happened:

BB99SU5CAAAs2q-.jpg

How would you like to be sliding out of control with a steep drop off to water right next to you?
Or a bridge abuttment coming at you?
Your options really suck here.
Most of the drivers that were trained to seek out the route with the least collateral damage are gone now.
Now they just jam on the brakes.

Last edited:
I think there was a train crash in Germany (?) that looked like this.....train ran into overpass....cars derailed....instant mess & death.

Winter came back from one day to the other and some drivers as usual unprepared, same thing every time.
In fall they wait until it actually snows and then everyone wants snow tires the same day. I never get this.

The most rugged tread blizzard tires won't do any good when that Type A behaviour Mercedes AMG driver is texting at 80 mph on ice.
In all my years on the road, all the vehicles off into the woods upside down were SUV's.

Back