1957 suspension upgrades

BUCKY2000

Reaction score
hello. has anyone had any experience upgrading the front suspension on their 50s plymouth? tubular control arms maybe? thanks for any help and direction.

The 1957 suspensions are pretty good stock. Just make sure that everything is in good shape. You can change to stiffer torsion bars and shocks for better handling. If you don't mind a little harder ride, you can use polyurethane bushings to stiffen it up.

The 1957 suspensions are pretty good stock. Just make sure that everything is in good shape. You can change to stiffer torsion bars and shocks for better handling. If you don't mind a little harder ride, you can use polyurethane bushings to stiffen it up.
Thank you!

I don't think anything aftermarket is available for them, unfortunately. Did some google searches and nothing shows up besides OEM style replacement parts. I was just helping my uncle with a '58 Chrysler 300D and nothing looked like it interchanged with the 65-up C bodies. I was also surprised to see that it was body on frame.

Mopars went to unibody in 1960. Most cars were full frame vehicles in the late fifties including Ford and GM products. Mopars were the best handling of the big three.

Mopars went to unibody in 1960. Most cars were full frame vehicles in the late fifties including Ford and GM products. Mopars were the best handling of the big three.
The ONE exception to the UniBody change was the D-car Imparials, which kept the 1957 chassis until the end of the 1966 model run. Then, Imperial was UniBody like other C-body cars, but with some Imperial-only items, for 1967 onward.

CBODY67

Back