1959 Plymouth Belvedere Rescue

ATP Customs Ltd

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m brand new to the mopar world and the forum and am seeking as much help and knowledge as possible on this car I acquired. I found this at the back of a scrapyard when I was 15. There were 600 cars and huge piles of tires in front of it and I waited until I was 47 to rescue this car from being squashed or parted out. Sure I could have bought one more complete but I just love this car and it deserves another chance.

Front seats and windshield were missing along with the axles for the diff. 6 cylinder powertrain is in it still. I have not looked up the numbers yet as I’m away for work and not near the car at the moment but I’m getting ready to start this project this winter.

What I’m struggling to find out is what fits this car with regards to suspension upgrades? I’ve seen guys doing 440 swaps and even a Viper V10 swap. But I want to learn about the differences between models before making any build plans. What about brake upgrades? Where can I find information on brakes and suspension as Google isn’t delivering what I’m searching for. I need some true mopar fanatics help

The rear trunk and rockers are rotted out. Quarters are easily repairable. Front fenders rotted around the headlight area. Hood is repairable. I found a company that makes front floor pans and rockers. Some of the trim pieces on the fender need replacing. Surprised the front bumper area is so straight and so is the rear bumper. Any help would be much appreciated thank you!!!

C352501F-68F2-4796-9571-1973B6438B45.jpeg

E68829A6-2E9D-4379-BF4E-FDCFE5686098.jpeg

04A06D8B-0DF3-4C5A-94D4-BF3E10D4BB51.jpeg

A1CDA7C1-CB76-4204-BD0A-6B695AFFAC1F.jpeg

EB9B3BDF-F4E3-4CCF-82A5-560E73843680.png

3A5BAC19-7E07-4E1F-AB09-EE6B26569770.jpeg

49F28CD3-ED13-4CF4-87FA-4384FF75009F.jpeg

B28157C9-A2AD-46CD-AF51-ED9E4EBDDFDA.jpeg

B4AABC94-0987-4563-A387-4FFDD7BB512A.jpeg

6805BED3-F2AD-4F29-94CD-9238A00A6161.jpeg

Try Big M for parts, and Wildcat wrecking too. Firm Feel will make or have torsion bars for the 59. Just tell the how stiff/ engine weight you want. 1.06'' seems standard for big engined Furys. There are anti roll bars out there also. Pst has Solid Poly bushings and I think Graphite impregnated bushings. Inner tierod ends are a *****. Jap stuff galore or NOS if you can find them. 59's came with a better alignment system that 57-58's so parts may be a little bit different. Fury jim on facebook has an album for FJM disk brake spindles, mostly a bolt on. Facebook I have a body like this too. It came with a 1958 front sheet metal set. Putting the doors on my 1957 4 door with mods, and making a pickup out of it. Frame will go under my 1958 Belvedere 2 door hardtop body. There is a fellow in Europe on Ebay that makes floorpans and rockers inner/outer. Hope this helps! Marc Struglia.

Last edited:
I found a company that makes front floor pans and rockers
C2C or Classic2Current ?

Junk not worth dragging home. High school shop type sheet metal work. Maybe the trunk floors will work if you can't find anything else, but be prepared to do a lot of work to make them fit.

Your car is a 1959 Belvedere 2-door club sedan, which was produced at 13,816 units. I'm going to bet it has a slant six engine, since those models were usually economical cars used by trade salesmen.

Regarding upgrades, you will find that those Forward Look years (1955-1961) are very poorly represented in the aftermarket parts. Unfortunately, that stands true not only for upgrades, but for replacement parts also. It's usually a desert, where you will find lone vendors asking ridiculous prices.

The chassis is very sturdy and can withstand a lot of modifications, but there are not a lot available to start with. The one modification that comes to mind is the front disc brake conversion. There are several solutions, from using Mopar old parts to complete kits from vendors.

Apart from that, you'll be mostly on your own (with the exception, of course, of the help you'll be able to gather from this forum, or from this one too).

Have fun with your project, and keep us posted!

Swapping in a 440 is pretty easy and goes in with plenty of room. These cars came with good suspensions, and you can go with stiffer torsion bars and add some leafs in the back. A complete 8 & 3/4 rear from an E body will bolt right in. Shocks, bushings, etc. are still available if you look around. Finding a windshield may be a little challenging. I believe the hardtops and sedans had a different windshield. If the frame is not rotted out then you should be able to get it back on its feet. Good luck.

going to be fun watching you build this.... please post project reports..... Thanks

This will have a Flathead 6 in it. The slant 6 wasn't until 1960. I had a '59 Savoy Salesman's Special now long gone. 6, PowerFlite, PB, PS and no back seat, just had gray cardboard trim panels. I also had a '59 Sport Suburban Golden Commando but that is a story for another time. You also might try 59plymouth.net

Looks like quite the project, it will be interesting to watch it's progress

Hello everyone. I’m brand new to the mopar world and the forum and am seeking as much help and knowledge as possible on this car I acquired. I found this at the back of a scrapyard when I was 15. There were 600 cars and huge piles of tires in front of it and I waited until I was 47 to rescue this car from being squashed or parted out. Sure I could have bought one more complete but I just love this car and it deserves another chance.

Front seats and windshield were missing along with the axles for the diff. 6 cylinder powertrain is in it still. I have not looked up the numbers yet as I’m away for work and not near the car at the moment but I’m getting ready to start this project this winter.

What I’m struggling to find out is what fits this car with regards to suspension upgrades? I’ve seen guys doing 440 swaps and even a Viper V10 swap. But I want to learn about the differences between models before making any build plans. What about brake upgrades? Where can I find information on brakes and suspension as Google isn’t delivering what I’m searching for. I need some true mopar fanatics help

The rear trunk and rockers are rotted out. Quarters are easily repairable. Front fenders rotted around the headlight area. Hood is repairable. I found a company that makes front floor pans and rockers. Some of the trim pieces on the fender need replacing. Surprised the front bumper area is so straight and so is the rear bumper. Any help would be much appreciated thank you!!!

View attachment 612121

View attachment 612122

View attachment 612123

View attachment 612124

View attachment 612125

View attachment 612126

View attachment 612127

View attachment 612128

View attachment 612130

View attachment 612131

You are a very brave man. . . This will be a very cool car when it is done.

Back