1960 300F

Robndi43

Congratulations;

Suggest you join one of the 300 letter clubs as they have great members that share valuable 300 specific restoration information. Either way please provide the VIN number to the 300 club as they may not be aware your car exists - Bob
Thank you.
I joined the 300 international club.
I was a member many years ago when I dreamed of owning one of these cars. Rejoined it last week

Jer:

I think the two clubs are: "Chrysler 300 Club, Inc" and "Chrysler 300 Club, Intl, Inc." I don't know why anyone would be confused. . .
New member might be Rip? Western Club won't be much help for a new guy. I was in both clubs for 30 years. Big difference between the two clubs,Their Constitutions, Philosophy's, and still have friends in both. I'm not even sure the Brute Force is even being published anymore? And now their ranks are thinning in both as you know. See yeah in July Pal, Jer

Welcome aboard!!
The fall meet of the 300 Club Int'l will be in MI,
Details on the club web site.
Will be the 50th anniversary meet as well
Should be a well attended meet as there are a lot of cars in that area.
Here we are knee deep in our F a few years ago

F rebuild 002.jpg

Michigan if anywhere, Ger
Will probably still be hauling anhydrous in April yet

Yes! I have heard of him. He has a terrific MOPAR junk yard that the Club visited during our meet in Virginia a few years ago. I posted some photos here. Yer in good hands with him.
I've been friends with Benny for years. I only live less than 10 minutes from the farm and 5 minutes to his personal residence. I've been to the farm more times than I can count. He's a good guy and a wealth of information. I swear I think he coukd look at a lug nut and tell you what year and model car it came from.

Given it was a G you wanted why don't you sell this bucket of bolts and buy one? They made more of them, more parts are available, good driving cars are available too! Leave the F for those of us who really love them and would trade it for no other letter car.

Dan

Given it was a G you wanted why don't you sell this bucket of bolts and buy one? They made more of them, more parts are available, good driving cars are available too! Leave the F for those of us who really love them and would trade it for no other letter car.

Dan
Sounds like you're ready to put up or shut up and offer me a big bucket of cash for my bucket of bolts!!

Sounds like you're ready to put up or shut up and offer me a big bucket of cash for my bucket of bolts!!
No. I have one already. Its my favorite car in the world. Now you have one. Stop complaining that it isn't a G and fix it. When its done, you will realize how superior the F is to the G. Tail lamps moved to the bumpers, STUPID canted headlamps and upside down grill, they ruined it.

Dan
Small Chrysler 300 F Jan 2020 c.jpg
Small Chrysler 300 F Jan 2020 b.jpg

No. I have one already. Its my favorite car in the world. Now you have one. Stop complaining that it isn't a G and fix it. When its done, you will realize how superior the F is to the G. Tail lamps moved to the bumpers, STUPID canted headlamps and upside down grill, they ruined it.

DanView attachment 379138 View attachment 379139

Show-off!

DanView attachment 379138 View attachment 379139

Truly gorgeous vehicle dplotkin! And it has a/c just like mine - in fact your car looks identical except mine doesn't have the rear power antenna! Tell us more about it - original unrestored, restored or ???? How long have you had it?
Welcome aboard showoff!!

Don't worry, I get that "showoff" all the time from Rip for my 300F too. The world needs more joy in it is the reason for my showing photos of mine all the time. :D

Great looking cars!!!! Specialy in black..........sorry Steve......:)

Chrysler 300 F labrecque 7.14.2020 c.jpg
Here are a couple pictures of mine. Check out my www.300F.com site.

Very nice Nick. I found your site a while back, long before I acquired my F last Thanksgiving. Nice work, keep it up. My car has largely been in the shop since January for a whole lot of little things including new brake lines and twin circuit front disks and a color sand/buff bow to stern, new exhaust front to back, resealing of the valley pan, replating of certain under-hood hardware, new radiator, tuneup, tires and now a leak from the bottom of a modified master cylinder. If I can get that licked I may be able to drive it to Don Verity in RI so he can look at my steering column. Out of 9 cars this one has most seriously kicked my *** in aggravation and expense. But it is so damn beautiful, so alluring you just can't help spending money on it.
Good luck with yours.

And to the fella who says he can't afford one I say look carefully. I have seen two of these in driver condition go for the cost of a fancy Hyundai.

Dan

Last edited:
Robndi43

Congratulations;

Suggest you join one of the 300 letter clubs as they have great members that share valuable 300 specific restoration information. Either way please provide the VIN number to the 300 club as they may not be aware your car exists - Bob
Finally got around to joining the 300 club a couple months ago.

I sealed the deal on an easily restoreable 1960 Chrysler 300F today!
QUOTE]

A great find and a worthy car. I always have to smile and shake my head at the term "easily restorable, or easy restoration". Those two words do not belong in the same sentence. Most who make that statement have never attempted one. Or have very deep pockets and are very good at writing checks. LOL.

Back