1964 880 wagon drum brakes

stevemorgas

Reaction score
Hi All, I am trying to find the measurements for my 880 wagons drum brakes, they are the 11" units with a 3" pad front and rears, my units are very pitted and I cant find / see any stampings on them, really want to know what the maximum internal measurement is for these. also any information on getting replacement drums appreciated.

Regards
Steve NZ

I have *** N.O.S. *** Front 11 " x 3 " *** Brake Drums *** and
*** N.O.S. *** 11 " x 3 " Rear (Keyway ) HUB & DRUM Assemblies!!!!! *** that fit 1963 - 1964 Rear -- ONLY --
As well as the 11 " x 3 " Brake Shoes, of course.....

New is 11.000 " , Maximum Allowable Diameter is 11.090 " ....

I can't even imagine how much shipping would be to New Zealand... It would be Hefty, for sure...

Craig......

I have *** N.O.S. *** Front 11 " x 3 " *** Brake Drums *** and
*** N.O.S. *** 11 " x 3 " Rear (Keyway ) HUB & DRUM Assemblies!!!!! *** that fit 1963 - 1964 Rear -- ONLY --
As well as the 11 " x 3 " Brake Shoes, of course.....

New is 11.000 " , Maximum Allowable Diameter is 11.090 " ....

I can't even imagine how much shipping would be to New Zealand... It would be Hefty, for sure...

Craig......
Hi Craig, where is your store located?
Cheers steve

No store —- work out of my house —- keeps the price on the parts lower….
West Hempstead, Long Island, New York….

Do you know anyone out this way, who can pick them up for
F R E E ????

Craig….

I separated the front and rear drums from the hubs on my 1964 New Yorker and used finned "rear" drums from the 1972 New Yorker on the --- "front and rear" --- of the 1964 New Yorker.

The front 64 brakes lost 1/8-inch shoe to drum contact on the inside.

All backing plates require fresh shoe retainer springs.

The rear requires correct shimming of the outer axle bearings to center the axle flanges. Mine were correct, so no adjustment needed for me.

Car stops as good as any mid-sixties drums I can remember driving. Three hard stops from 70, no fade. With Cheap China shoes. Had to arc the shoes to the drums.

The 1964 New Yorker 14-inch wheels fit.

I'm not recommending it; I'm just saying what I used for readily available $40 drums that maintain both "drum and wheel" hub centric and what the result is.

Back