1965 413 homemade motor mount

mopar440

Reaction score
1965 New Yorker wagon, originally a 413

Supposed a 65 vintage 413 in there now

Any idea why someone would make such a contraption? Should of fit, right?

1965 New Yorker wagon, originally a 413

Supposed a 65 vintage 413 in there now

Any idea why someone would make such a contraption? Should of fit, right?

For a long time those factory mounts were out of stock and there were no replacements available, so people improvised. These days, Schumacher and others make replacement/conversion mounts so one does not have to get "creative".

Dave

For a long time those factory mounts were out of stock and there were no replacements available, so people improvised. These days, Schumacher and others make replacement/conversion mounts so one does not have to get "creative".

Dave
Ok, so this is because the stock C body mount was shot?

Forgot the photo

IMG_20200427_124608710.jpg

The stock mount had a heavy curved base that was used to reach the frame attachment point. Check the casting date on the left side of the block to verify that you have a '65 413. There is a block casting number just above the date casting that identifies the engine. A stock '65 block will usually carry the casting number 2120529, 2205697,2468030. There is also a machined pad on the top of the block just opposite the distributor. '65 engine ID start with the letter "A". The pad should be stamped A-41 or A-413 if it is a '65 engine.

Dave

Last edited:
The block in pic would be incorrect for 1965....
Should mount to the front tab and then two
holes on oil pump boss..

Your bracket was done like that because the block that went in did not have the mounting bosses on the front.

This is what the correct 65 mounts look like...

upload_2020-4-27_14-36-56.jpeg

and how the driver's side looks installed on a 65 413...

upload_2020-4-27_14-38-3.jpeg

077.JPG

Thanks @300rag ,,,
My post should have read "just above oil pump boss"....
Fingers are slower than the mind.. lol

Not sure about the '63 / '64 but
that mount is same for '65 and '66 "C"
and also '67 /'69 383 Dart / Barracuda ....

Thanks @300rag ,,,
My post should have read "just above oil pump boss"....
Fingers are slower than the mind.. lol

Not sure about the '63 / '64 but
that mount is same for '65 and '66 "C"
and also '67 /'69 383 Dart / Barracuda ....

66 does not use that. It is 65 only for C bodies.

IIRC, a lot of the blocks have the boss, but it's just not drilled.

The stock mount had a heavy curved base that was used to reach the frame attachment point. Check the casting date on the left side of the block to verify that you have a '65 413. There is a block casting number just above the date casting that identifies the engine. A stock '65 block will usually carry the casting number 2120529, 2205697,2468030. There is also a machined pad on the top of the block just opposite the distributor. '65 engine ID start with the letter "A". The pad should be stamped A-41 or A-413 if it is a '65 engine.

Dave
The # is 2205697-1 , so it SHOULD be a 65 block, correct?

as someone should have mentioned not all b's or rb's had those bosses to be tapped for that eng bracket . its funny that b and rb motored factory a bodies used that same bosses n mount setup .

That casting number was used for several years, look just below the casting number, there should be a casting date.

Dave
Is this possibly a truck/industrial motor? It had a heavy duty thermostat it in ( I made a thread) I haven't really drivin it officialy, but it's tourquy as hell

Is this possibly a truck/industrial motor? It had a heavy duty thermostat it in ( I made a thread) I haven't really drivin it officialy, but it's tourquy as hell

That would appear to be a passenger block.

www.mymopar.com has the casting numbers for the various mopar engines

It is page 66 which is hard to get to. google "mopar casting numbers" go the the link provided for mymopar.com

Dave

Last edited:
Back