Not open for further replies.

BigCRig

Reaction score
Contact seller
s-l400.jpg
1965 Other Makes AC Four speed 29000 original miles | eBay
1965 Other Makes AC Four speed 29000 original miles
Chrysler 300, not Desoto, Dodge or Plymouth Good old Mopar
Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tabShare on Twitter - opens in a new window or tabShare on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab
| Add to watch list

Seller :
capyjack (208 )
100% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
|
See other items

Item condition:
Used

Time left:
Time left:5d 12h Thursday, 3:56PM

Current bid:
US $10,666.66
35 bids ]

Place bid

Enter US $10,766.66 or more

Add to watch list

Add to collection

100% positive feedback
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
this showed up on my barn finds,sure is cool with that 4 spd. stick out of the console and the extra pedal. Listed under Plymouth.

Last edited:
If I had children I'd give one up for it.

Nope, I've managed with the more conventional forms of payment and Jeannie's kids are too old to sell...

Wow. Bit too rich for my blood but if my price point was anywhere near that, it'd be in my garage. Quite a looker!

I wonder if the reserve is set near the $50k asking price it had some time ago?

I wonder if the reserve is set near the $50k asking price it had some time ago?
I made a similar comment without a $$ figure last night and seem to have offended the seller? They has posted to FaceBook trying to drum up foot traffic.

The bid is at $15,000 currently and reserve not satisfied yet..

it's a rare cool car and all but probably not worth what the reserve may be
It's really an odd duck still in the pond...
It's not a charger, GTX roadrunner, Daytona/Superbird...
Again in todays' market all it takes is one buyer to put the hammer down and its' sold, but still not worth what it sells for.

just pondering who bought this originally and why they had a 4spd dropped into this otherwise normally more upscale luxury car...

I imagine the male buyer driving it home , showing his wife and her being pissed that there was a stick shift.
It would have sent the message, "Honey, I know I was supposed to buy a Station wagon but I spent all our hard earned money on this car that will be worth thousands of $$$ one day and.... you will never drive this car ever...."

It would be decades before anyone appreciated the rarity of it...

I think there were still many hold-outs back then that had grown up around manual shift cars and weren't about to order an automatic, hell I just got my first pager and I hate this gosh darn thing...

Oh do I remember that one!

s-l400.jpg
1965 Other Makes AC Four speed 29000 original miles | eBay
1965 Other Makes AC Four speed 29000 original miles
Chrysler 300, not Desoto, Dodge or Plymouth Good old Mopar
Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tabShare on Twitter - opens in a new window or tabShare on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab
| Add to watch list

Seller :
capyjack (208 )
100% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
|
See other items

Item condition:
Used

Time left:
Time left:5d 12h Thursday, 3:56PM

Current bid:
US $10,666.66
35 bids ]

Place bid

Enter US $10,766.66 or more

Add to watch list

Add to collection

100% positive feedback
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg

This car is a very strong No. 2 car, but for argument sake, lets say that its a No. 1 car. It is not a "letter car", but its got all the 300-L options (413 engine, etc.), and its got A/C too. A No. 1 car - such as this one - would retail for about $21K to $25K; however, there may be a "third standard deviation" buyer out there who would pay a bunch more. I'm gonna "Watch" this auction and see how it turns out. . . That four-speed shifter handle is mighty compelling.

Sorry Rip, I disagree on this one being a strong #2. And it doesn't have the 413, it's a 383.
  1. Most people never see a true #1, it will be a car that is never started up, never moves under its own power, and is trailered/sheltered every minute of its life.
  2. What most people consider a #1 is actually a #2, or if a #1 is street-driven for a few months it'll become a #2. Some cars are #2 because they are over-restored and therefore incorrect in some regards.
  3. A #3 is what most of us consider an awesome-condition car - but it will have some slight wear and some incorrect items/detailing that most of us ignore or don't notice. Will likely have common aftermarket replacement belts, hoses, etc, underhood, just like this car does.

Those descriptions above are what I've read over the years. This one is a #3 IMO. (Although it's hard to tell, the pictures aren't really that good.) Some of them show decent shine in the paint, but these pics are all 10-20 ft away.

Also:
The wheels are incorrect, and underhood needs a bit of detailing. Per the listing,
Mostly original paint, has had some very minor body work and touch up.
A/C does not blow cold. Heat works fine.
Tach works sometimes.
Radio does not work
Can't be a #2 with those 'issues'. IMHO the $18k was a good pull for that car, and that's about where I see most comparable-condition 4spd C-bodies stall out.

Question for any experts out there - would this be a 325hp 383HP, which normally comes with that air cleaner in 65, or would this be the base 315hp 383 single-exh that was standard in a 300 and some Dodges (and the unsilenced air cleaner was added???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back