For Sale 1965 Dodge Monaco 426 Wedge 4-Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not here to debate the cars merits, But he' s played his hand. It doesn't take a 20000 dollar check to keep it out of the derby , 5 k would do that .
The high price tag shouldn't have been explained . Perhaps on a discreet phone conversation with an interested party but certainly not here on an open forum.
I can respect that. Ultimately, $20k will keep most of the idiots at bay (hopefully) and give a much better chance that she gets into the right hands...

IMO, it may help surface a serious party who would love and respect her MORE than a BJ E body buyer... even if that one isn't able to pull it off right now.

Agreed .... BUT now he's played his hand and a buyer knows his selling tactics and what he's thinking.

Isn't this the car that was posted for sale here about 2 years ago for $2,500? Midwest location during the sale?

Agreed .... BUT now he's played his hand and a buyer knows his selling tactics and what he's thinking.

Call it what ever you want, personally that is how I feel and if anyone knows me I tell it like it is and no have problem doing so. No matter that YOU think it is a tactic, which honestly it was not meant to be, the fact is the price DOES NOT change. No PM behind the scenes and a $5k check would move the car,sorry not happening. Thankfully there are some who know and understand what I am trying to do(cantflip,traintech55) for example. Like I said in my original post, flak was expected on the price. But look at it this way, IF my car gets that kind of respect it helps all of our "C"'s also get some more with it. This has to be one of the more unique "C"'s on the planet.....Hurst 300--hundreds, V-code Sport Fury--around 15? or so documented to be built, what else?? I cannot prove how many like mine may or may not exist but I can tell you this is the ONLY one I have ever heard of. I have owned a '65 Monaco since 1991 and was always on the look out as is every one else as to cars that are like they own.

What does it look like underneath?
Can we see some pics?
Hemmings & E bay are a good place to sell a car like this.
Very cool car, needs an aluminum head stroker six pak under the hood with a passon 5 speed.
:steering:

I like, your car. I've come across 3 or 4 of these over the years. Rare cars for sure!

O.K. this was listed over the weekend on WI. Craigs. Compare and make you own decision.

65 impala 327 4 speed kansas car - $5500 (Marion) hide this posting
image 1 of 4
00y0y_cbSPh92CUGB_600x450.jpg

00y0y_cbSPh92CUGB_50x50c.jpg
00L0L_g4z1uyPp6RG_50x50c.jpg
00g0g_aRwRgt19m3Z_50x50c.jpg
01717_euU76rzkkvg_50x50c.jpg

2956.png
2957.png
2956.png
2956.png
2957.png
2957.png

65 impala 327 4 speed kansas car

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

1965 chevrolet impala

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

65 impala 2 door, 327 4 speed runs and drives. Southern Kansas car good floors and trunk. New water pump and brake master cylinder.
Calls only 715 754 5885 weekdays only.

Best of luck selling it. I think it's going to be hard to find a buyer because of body condition, but I hope I'm wrong. Nice car. Really interesting to see.

We simply cannot give that Hagerty much credibility, they list the Hemi as an option FCOL, and no premium for 4speed, which is clearly an adder on a C-body.

Can you show me what market value is? What can you compare it to? ...
Sorry but as for foolish purchases have you seen what people are paying for E-bodies and 2nd gen Chargers that are a virtual pile of rust???
A big difference in your comparison is that those cars are popular, and have enough sales volume and demand to keep prices up, even if rustbuckets. The market dictates - supply and demand working in harmony. Cannot compare that to Cbody action.

For your car, the range would need to be taken off a 383/4spd car in comparable condition, with a reasonable assumed premium for 426, which IMHO would be ~$3000 or so. Based on your car's description and the work it needs, if a 383 car I would say it's $8-10k at best. I don't think simply adding the 426, no matter how rare it seems to be, moves the same project car to $20k territory.

Now with all that said, you are willing to sell only at $20k, and that is your right, I am not criticizing you. But - you are fishing for a guy whose funds are unlimited, and I don't think there are many of them in the C-body arena. I think the rest of us, with limited money and choices to make, are going to have the perspective I described.

We simply cannot give that Hagerty much credibility, they list the Hemi as an option FCOL, and no premium for 4speed, which is clearly an adder on a C-body.

A big difference in your comparison is that those cars are popular, and have enough sales volume and demand to keep prices up, even if rustbuckets. The market dictates - supply and demand working in harmony. Cannot compare that to Cbody action.

For your car, the range would need to be taken off a 383/4spd car in comparable condition, with a reasonable assumed premium for 426, which IMHO would be ~$3000 or so. Based on your car's description and the work it needs, if a 383 car I would say it's $8-10k at best. I don't think simply adding the 426, no matter how rare it seems to be, moves the same project car to $20k territory.

Now with all that said, you are willing to sell only at $20k, and that is your right, I am not criticizing you. But - you are fishing for a guy whose funds are unlimited, and I don't think there are many of them in the C-body arena. I think the rest of us, with limited money and choices to make, are going to have the perspective I described.
So you are saying that Johns car is worth $8,000.00 to $11,000.00 without all the parts he is selling in the deal. Sounds about right. That is one thing getting lost in this thread, everything to bring this car back except the drivers quarter panel is included with the sale. DUH.

We can discuss "value" until we are blue in the face. You can say that the motor or tranny adds "X" amount. But for people like me, how do you put a value on a possible 1 of left in existence. I was not looking for another car when this came up for sale. Once I realized how rare it truly is I bit the bullet. I don't want to drive the same car as every one else. How cool is it to be able to say you may have the only one (possibly)left?? This is truly a car you cannot buy "already done" as there are NONE. If you have seen my '77 Cordoba you will get an understanding of my "like to be different". When, if ever, was the last time you saw a t-top,crown roof,triple blue '77 Doba? Estimated to be less than 200 made and with nearly 20 color options, interior and top colors......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back