1965 Dodge Monaco Update

The bumper guards were optional.
View attachment 247089

As for the ends - are you talking about the gap fillers on the tops?
Awesome this option list helps greatly. Thank You!

Gaps fillers exactly, on the very end of the bumpers. You can see in my pics of the front end they are missing. Haven't had much luck finding anything NOS or aftermarket.

Gaps fillers exactly, on the very end of the bumpers. You can see in my pics of the front end they are missing. Haven't had much luck finding anything NOS or aftermarket.
The Dealer Data Books are on Hamtramck Historical and contain a wealth of info. The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1965 Dodge Dealership Data Book - Monaco & Polara

When I screwed up my front bumper a couple years ago I also took out the filler piece. I had a tough time finding one but finally did (NOS) so I could put it back together once I got a fresh bumper. They are not easy to locate, that's for sure.
Mike

Need to actually sit down this winter and decode these. Lucky to have everything. Only thing I'm missing is the dealer Cert-card. Doubt I'll ever find that though.

20190115_194110.jpg

20190115_194155.jpg

The Dealer Data Books are on Hamtramck Historical and contain a wealth of info. The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1965 Dodge Dealership Data Book - Monaco & Polara

When I screwed up my front bumper a couple years ago I also took out the filler piece. I had a tough time finding one but finally did (NOS) so I could put it back together once I got a fresh bumper. They are not easy to locate, that's for sure.
Mike
This is awesome Mike. Thank You!

Hard to believe you found NOS filler pieces. That's amazing. I will keep searching though and will ask around at Carlisle this year.

Also, this car has the rear blower defrost. Though, I haven't gotten up enough courage to turn it on yet. The switch is mounted to the left of the drivers knee. Think it either pulls out or turns? Haven't bothered messing with it yet. The blower, ducting, and all the wiring on the passenger side of the trunk looks like brand new though and the small opening in the package tray (rear window) looks to be in great shape.

Nice looking car, one recommendation, when you replace the brake lines, convert it to the 1967 and newer dual braking system. This is actually easy if you are changing all the lines, and the only additional part you need to change is the master cylinder.

Along with a distribution proportioning valve...

Very nice looking '65 Dodge. Engine compartment touch up & detailing can be done with the engine still there. Sure it takes some time but it is not that tough. I did mine with one of those Preval aerosol sprayers with some paint I had for my Fury. Remove what you can, what you can't, mask off. Wrap the wiring harness with tin foil. The sprayer is low volume so it is easy to control. Any over spray can be cleaned up with thinner. It took me a weekend to do mine. It may not be show car quality but it looks much better than it did and cost next to nothing.

Looking good!! Don't have the '65 FSM in front of me, but if I remember correctly the factory called for a 160 degree thermostat.
Good to know. I'll look at the FSM. I want to put a 160 in it anyway. Just need to buy an OEM type and not this aftermarket junk.

Still wish I won the lottery. I'd buy your 65 and put the money into a full restoration. Still jealous to this day. Makes me smile everytime I see your car thread on here.

Thanks for the comment.

You are welcome and back atcha!! Trust me, if I could find a way I would restore it my self. I know it's a compliment, but never feel jealous about a car you don't own.....be happy with the car you do, it is way more enjoyable that way!!

The car looks very good! I know you'll enjoy driving it. Plus seeing others admire it, too!

On painting the firewall, unless there was a color change and it isn't "white", repainting might be an option. BUT if the firewall is "white", then I'd suggest a thorough cleaning rather than a repaint. It should be body color and without the constant exposure to UV light and such, you might discover it's still pretty good paint back there. Not unusual for some undercoat overspray on the firewall, either.

You can probably find a repro CertiCard from one of the Mopar restoration vendors. Main thing would be that it's for your model year. Plus for a "Dodge" if they were red rather than the blue Chrysler/Plymouth versions. Get a Dymo Label Maker and put your name and such in there as if you were the first owner, if desired.

Congrats on getting to the point you have!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The car looks very good! I know you'll enjoy driving it. Plus seeing others admire it, too!

On painting the firewall, unless there was a color change and it isn't "white", repainting might be an option. BUT if the firewall is "white", then I'd suggest a thorough cleaning rather than a repaint. It should be body color and without the constant exposure to UV light and such, you might discover it's still pretty good paint back there. Not unusual for some undercoat overspray on the firewall, either.

You can probably find a repro CertiCard from one of the Mopar restoration vendors. Main thing would be that it's for your model year. Plus for a "Dodge" if they were red rather than the blue Chrysler/Plymouth versions. Get a Dymo Label Maker and put your name and such in there as if you were the first owner, if desired.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Thank You for the advice on the CertiCards. I will check into it. Much appreciate your comments.

Nice car. I will be faced with brake upgrades on my 66 also. Inline Tube offered a dual master conversion kit with lines and block, not sure if its still available.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

@CBODY67 - Interesting info about the certicard - all Canadian Dodge 65/66 certicards I've seen are blue...

Do you know who reproduces the certicards, and do they imprint them with your car's information, and does it look correct? I'd love to know, because the Certicards from my cars are both long gone... :(

Thanks for the advice on the dual m/c.
Is the distribution block different on the fwd drivers frame for a dual m/c setup?

Also, have given this alot of thought. I like originality too but safety is a big topic as well.
The distribution blocks are different. You can get the newer one, or install an adjustable proportioning valve in the rear line.

2219EFA4-B428-4F22-96D7-B76E33356323.jpeg

Inlinetube sells this kit to convert to the dual master. The distribution block mounts in place of the original. The old/original front and rear lines connect right up to it.

5D0C1E0E-63B7-45EB-8B25-FE829C82BCAB.jpeg
You’re right. I can’t find it online either among all the GM stuff.
I bought mine at a car show at their shop a while back.
Part nos. on the bill are: SCDB6504 and SMFG70143 for s.s.

Back