1965 Engine Mounts

D Cluley

Reaction score
This is part warning, part rant & part question.

Looking at the usual online parts sources there seems to be total confusion between right & left, and I believe that most listings have it backwards. Which is why I have an immobile car sitting in my driveway at the moment. :BangHead:

After comparing pictures with the one that came off my car it appears that the ones numbered 2227 are for the right/passenger side & 2228 is for left/drivers side. Can anyone confirm this?

After digging into this a little more, I believe this is the correct information (and most of the usual online retailers have incorrect listings)

The passenger side mount
1965 Mopar # 2402 182
Aftermarket # 2227
This was used on C-bodies only in '65
This was also used on the B-Bodies for a number of years, so is readily available

1965 C body motor mounts a.jpg
1965 C body motor mounts b.jpg

The drivers side mount
1965 Mopar # 2465 861
Aftermarket # 2270? (I saw this number one place, but looking for 2270 mostly gets you a different looking Ford part)
This was used on C-bodies only in '65
This was also used on 67-69 A bodies with big block V8s
This part does not seem to be available new currently
1965 C body motor mounts c.jpg
1965 C body motor mounts d.jpg

1965 Mopar # 2402 183
Aftermarket # 2228
This is the drivers side mount for a B Body
This is what rockauto, autozone etc will try to sell you but it is not a C-body part (also they have it listed as passenger side instead of drivers:BangHead:)

It seems that in the past several companies have sold new brackets that allow this part to be used on a '65 C-body, but I am not sure if they are currently available

440source shows references a part number (119-1006) for the bracket, but I don't see it available on their site.

I suspect that you could simply drill an additional hole into the existing bracket, but have not really investigated that option.

Azblackhemi had what I needed, so am all set, but thanks for the offer.

Mostly I just wanted to get all the information together in one place, so the next person searching has an easier time.

Thanks for mentioning them Mike. I did run across that page when I was looking, but they were/are out of stock, so I moved on & forgot to put them in the post. Hopefully they will put the C body mounts back into production in the future.

Thanks for mentioning them Mike. I did run across that page when I was looking, but they were/are out of stock, so I moved on & forgot to put them in the post. Hopefully they will put the C body mounts back into production in the future.
The owner of Schumacher pretty much retired, but it has been bought by another company. They may be taking orders before they do a run of parts, or only manufacturing what they think will sell the most. You should contact them if you're interested.

Back