1965 Newport

Wheels and tires. I am keep the stock covers of course, but will go with something else. I will post up some stuff from the CBody wheels and tires thread, varous 1965-66 Newps.

My first thought was this look I used on "68 Fury. 10 spoke mirada, maybe with color-coded center OR the chrome plated one. maybe the five spoke J body cordoba wheels.

IMG_6202-2.jpg
IMG_3394.JPG
00-1-2-11.jpg

How is it all the Michiganders are going south, a friend of mine that was a City of Detroit fireman moved to South Carolina a few years ago. Other than the hurricanes he loves it.

weather, quality of life, affordable, Appalachian mountains on one side, Atlantic Ocean on the other ..and drive your coolest cars virtually year round. that's his reasoning anyway .. and just plain sick of moving snow/bitter cold january/february days. :)

Wheel choices... I do like the Mirada and Cordoba wheels, but I am always partial to the Magnum 500's

Wheel choices... I do like the Mirada and Cordoba wheels, but I am always partial to the Magnum 500's

i bought another slabbie this week- '67 300 "L" code - that i am definitely going with magnums 15x8's all around, Radial TA RWL.

I looked for 65-66 Newports with Magnums but didnt find many. This one .. but it has spinners.

00-1-2-2-2-jpg.jpg

Will keep looking and post a few more. i like Magnums tho too -- cant go wrong :)

Last edited:
Back