1965 Windsor

I was looking for help and positive feedback.

talking-to-dogs-1.jpg

A company called PST used make a drop spindle kit for these cars. That will lower the front end about 2" and they claim they can do it without adversely effecting handling and alignment. I would be skeptical of this claim, but for your reference their website is:
www.p-s-t.com.

Keep in mind that these cars are very big and very long with a lot of rear axle over hang. Any significant dropping of the ride height is going to make getting in and out of driveways all but impossible.

A an update, they no longer show a listing for the C-Body drop spindle.

Dave

Corrected Post
All this but a guy can’t have a TNT pie tin on the air cleaner of his 350 hp 440?

Hi Dallas

I fully support what you wish to do with your car since your name is on the pink slip
I like what you planning to accomplish here and hopefully you will continue to post the progress as you realize your vision

If I can offer a small bit of advice here.
Do what you want with it.

1) be ready for resistance on what you plan to do from some members, there are many members that are reasonably old classics kind of members that want to see these c bodies remain as original as possible
There’s members here that will likely be as supportive as the nonsupport even ones.
2) Take the comments with a grain of assault and listen to the advice using the experience of others that have seen the botched customized projects in the past:p (you may be the next George Barriss)

3) Finally, drop the “F” bomb comments if you want to gain respect from the members regardless of the Naysayers here. This for the most part doesn’t work when trying to win over supporters for your vision for your project...

Good luck to you with this
I hope you continue to post about the car

Done correctly this will be one sweet street machine:thumbsup:

I get a chuckle when someone with new ideas draws the attention of the Grumpy Old Men! :drama:
:rofl:
grumpy-old-men.jpg

Most have hats. :p:p

When I was 19, one Saturday afternoon under the inspiration of too much beer I came up with the idea of converting my 1971 1-of-375-built Sport Fury GT to a 4 speed.
Eventually it was completed and not done badly but in retrospect I wish I'd stayed sober that day, and left it the hell alone. My time and money would have been much better spent just freshening the 440 and converting the car to buckets and console; would have been cheaper too. I only parted with the car because I moved 1000 miles and didn't have a good way to bring it with me. But for that I still might have the car today. (It still exists; if I win the lottery I'll find it and buy it back.)

But anyhow - I wish I'd left it be.

Last edited:
Not really a new idea.
It's as cliched as painting any mopar 2dr orange and painting "01" on the door.

It's what we do here.
I get it Stan, but I'm jaded and have thick skin......what I don't get is how this board loves to eat it's young.
I have communication with this young man in a different head space, and he is nothing but polite, appreciative and more than receptive to what I'm saying because I speak to him - not at him
This guy bought his first real project that had a baffed 361, and a rotten stub as well as other issues- so kudos to him for making the decision to throw good money after bad -to carry on and try to build something that makes him happy and maybe promote his business with this car
I Know what he looks like, and I doubt most of the Keyboard Kowboys would be running their mouths quite as much if they met him in person
As we are getting older maybe these young guys we treated so well will be the first ones to volunteer to come over and help us old goats do a rear brake job , or change a starter for a six pack- just saying

To begin with, let me preface this reply by saying that if one rereads this thread, I was very out of character and bit my tongue throughout it.

I learned the hard way that if you enter any group and immediately enter a confrontation, you didn't show respect to the people who toughed it out in that group and thus a real world environment, although they may be right or wrong as hell.
I've also been extremely vocal about enabling. Telling him, Well I don't like it but go ahead anyway, is enabling.
I accept everybody initially on Neutral grounds. You have to make a likeable initial impression. I wouldn't enter a police forum and initially give them my thoughts on what I would do in an extreme situation if I was a cop. A situation where all my thoughts are based on my watching every epizode of Law & Order.
Also, he wasn't resonded to harshly.
If my own mother came in like he did, and she got a spanking, I'd have to say, I love ya Ma, but, that wasn't the way to do it.
So....

I Know what he looks like, and I doubt most of the Keyboard Kowboys would be running their mouths quite as much if they met him in person

I'm only going to respond to one thing here.... I never say anything on a forum that I would not say in person.

However, it should be noted that the OP has deleted the nasty things he has said about the good folks on this forum.

To begin with, let me preface this reply by saying that if one rereads this thread, I was very out of character and bit my tongue throughout it.

I learned the hard way that if you enter any group and immediately enter a confrontation, you didn't show respect to the people who toughed it out in that group and thus a real world environment, although they may be right or wrong as hell.
I've also been extremely vocal about enabling. Telling him, Well I don't like it but go ahead anyway, is enabling.
I accept everybody initially on Neutral grounds. You have to make a likeable initial impression. I wouldn't enter a police forum and initially give them my thoughts on what I would do in an extreme situation if I was a cop. A situation where all my thoughts are based on my watching every epizode of Law & Order.
Also, he wasn't resonded to harshly.
If my own mother came in like he did, and she got a spanking, I'd have to say, I love ya Ma, but, that wasn't the way to do it.
So....
Actually I did think you were very subdued during this thread so I'm not pointing at you in particular... I fluked on to this thread because I came in looking for a stub for him
Didn't know he had joined, and yes I read from the start...he did not start out hostile at all....but it appears the hair went up real quick on the back of his neck as the pile on started-...I have spoken to him outside this forum and he admits he got jostled quickly and I apologized to him for not advising him to play nice and grow a thick coat before mixing it up with the big boys.....not the first time I've seen this on here- surely not the last ...but I stand by my thoughts about cutting the new guys some slack whether you like what they are doing or not- they are here looking for wisdom not belittling

Is this some kind of prerequisite for commentary now? Maybe we should all post our best bench press under our screen names.

If your buddy didn't take his ball and go home at the first hint we weren't awarding participation trophies, I'd expect this thread would be ongoing and all the ol' grouches (like myself) would have moved along.

Back