Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi All,

The shifter bowl on my 66 Town and Country tilt tele steering column just disintegrated today. Pot metal, difficult if not impossible to repair.

Anyone have?

Has to be 66 - 65 and 67 and up are different. Dodge and Plymouth are different too...

Inbox waiting! :)

By the way I did mabage to find a parts column locally so I am able to repair my original. However I would always be interested in another for the spares stockpile!

Hi All,

The shifter bowl on my 66 Town and Country tilt tele steering column just disintegrated today. Pot metal, difficult if not impossible to repair.

Anyone have?

Has to be 66 - 65 and 67 and up are different. Dodge and Plymouth are different too...

Ross: What does the shifter bowl look like? I never heard of that part before. Since my '66 has a tilt-tele column, I'd like to know. . .

I’m sorry but what’s a shifter bowl?

Ross: What does the shifter bowl look like? I never heard of that part before. Since my '66 has a tilt-tele column, I'd like to know. . .
Jinks you owe me a coke.:lol:

It's called a shifter bowl in the 66 parts book... it is just the collar with the shifter arm on it that connects to the column's internal shifter mechanism (tube and lever) which connects to the trans linkage.

On a 66 Chrysler it's specific to the dash setup because it mates with the dash bezels.

I can't post a pic coz I'm not at home...

How about a St. Paulie Girl?!?
I’m not really a beer drinker but I don’t drink pop either so...how about a Hendricks and tonic or a good bourbon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back