1966 Fury III ragtop production q

mdh157

Reaction score
Anyone know how many 1966 Fury III 440/4 spd ragtops they made? And with a bench seat? i have found one for sale.

There are no production figures that let you break things down like that. Impossible to say it's a 1 of xxx. You can guesstimate by percentages of production of various specifics. I hate this numbers thing anyway. You can stretch the variables enough where every car is literally a 1 of 1. It's safe to simply say it's very rare.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

On every car forum on the entire internet since its invention. That's where ...

There are no production figures that let you break things down like that. Impossible to say it's a 1 of xxx. You can guesstimate by percentages of production of various specifics. I hate this numbers thing anyway. You can stretch the variables enough where every car is literally a 1 of 1. It's safe to simply say it's very rare.

Often those questions are followed by the ever-popular "How many of these remain?", which is equally impossible to answer.

Production numbers do exist for engineering model codes. So looking up PH27 production isn't a problem. While Chrysler "may" have kept information on installation rates of options on cars "sold" in 1966, I don't believe it's model or body style specific. It is starting in 1967, but whether or not it was done prior to that, I don't know. Never seen any. As far as rarity goes, it's a matter of checking individual options on a car to determine which one had the lowest install rate and calling it from there. Chrysler rarely reported out combinations of options. In the days when you could order just about anything that wasn't specifically ruled out, the possiblities became so mathematically high, that there was no way to keep track.

Back