1966 Fury III - Unfinished Project

Two unplanned patches and one that I had actually wanted to do today.
20230513_161509.jpg

Phil

20230514_143653.jpg

Does anybody have a photo of the section of floor by the suspension bolt?
Or, I guess an easier question, is it a mirror exactly of the driver's side?
Mine has lost all shape and I'm trying to figure what I need to make to put it back as it should be.
20230514_225437.jpg

This area here. On the driver's side there's a little raised section behind the bolt aperture, which I cannot make it if it should be there on this side.

Thanks

Phil

View attachment 597210
Does anybody have a photo of the section of floor by the suspension bolt?
Or, I guess an easier question, is it a mirror exactly of the driver's side?
Mine has lost all shape and I'm trying to figure what I need to make to put it back as it should be.
View attachment 597211
This area here. On the driver's side there's a little raised section behind the bolt aperture, which I cannot make it if it should be there on this side.

Thanks

Phil
Not a good close up but hopefully these help

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks! It is a mirror of the driver side, makes things easier.

Also useful to know that I should have those little plates up both sides too.

That's a Current2Classic replacement driver side floor pan repair?
Unfortunately that’s all you can get. Did the job buy a bit on the thin side.

Going to make this.
20230515_105726.jpg

Then a couple infill panels to close up the curves.
Then I'll make the rest of the floor to match. Should work okay.

Phil

Phil:

Its too bad we are so far away from each other. I have a complete '65 C-Body floor pan with rockers that would be perfect for the job.
Always the way!
Most of this is simple shapes that aren't critical so I'll just hammer and weld my way through.
Thankfully the rockers are good, just the floor rotted out because the scuttle corners seem to have gathered leaves and dirt and rusted out, leaking into the footwells.

Had a couple hours today after finishing yard work so made up the flat section that goes across from the new corner piece.
20230604_191015.jpg

Got a few more bits to cut out where they've gone thin, then the side piece can go in and that'll stiffen it up somewhat; then the floor pan needs to be made up.

Phil

I decided to try do a bit of work on the car after work.
20230605_170859.jpg

Got as far as cutting out the flat section where the seat bolts down.
20230605_165300.jpg

At that point it started raining heavily. A mad dash to unplug everything and bring all tools inside.
20230605_172249.jpg

Ten minutes later it's stopped but everything's too wet to continue. I went to the hardware store instead to buy some more cutting discs.

I'll try continue tomorrow if the weather permits.

Hot outside today so time for indoor arts and crafts.
20230610_132032.jpg

Contractor at work had broken a ceiling light lens so I trash picked a section and created a diffuser for the front turn signals. I know they're supposed to be clear but I like the orange.
20230610_135322.jpg

Looks better than just the transparent orange before.

Phil

Last edited:
Back