1966 newport

newportmopar66

Reaction score
hello c guys.im going through some rough times and ive tryed selling my 66 newport 2 door hardtop back and forth for the last 6 monthes.i cant beleive these cars have no value.they are pretty much keep them running and driving and thatrs it they are not even wotrth restoring.i mean fully restored you will pay 5 times as much to restore then to sell it.i kind of regret getting it sometimes...but its a really rerally cool car id rather drive it than any other car on the road besides some other pre 70 mopars..i just wish the value was there.been trying to trade for a couple d100 trucks becaUSE I NEED A TRUCK IT LOOKS LIKE IM GONNA FIND A TRAILER TO TOW BEHIND THE NEWPORT INSTEAD LOL ITS ALREADY GOT A HITCH

I have seriously contemplated getting a hitch for my 73. A buddy of mine DJs and his Toyota 4 Banger "Truck" can't pull the fully loaded trailer of DJ equipment. Might set up some sort of "I'll get your gear there, you do your gig."

On the other hand, buddy #2 that DJs makes enough DJing to pay for his [relatively] new Silverado.

Yes, Pictures Please!

I have seriously contemplated getting a hitch for my 73. A buddy of mine DJs and his Toyota 4 Banger "Truck" can't pull the fully loaded trailer of DJ equipment. Might set up some sort of "I'll get your gear there, you do your gig."

On the other hand, buddy #2 that DJs makes enough DJing to pay for his [relatively] new Silverado.

Yes, Pictures Please!

Dad and I had a hitches on several C bodies and matter of fact i had one on my 70 Sat convert, and have one on my 70 RR now. Pulled just fine. The limitation is brakes depending on what kind of weight you are pulling. Had/have hemi springs on both B body cars. Air shocks on the convert. Pulled trailers with B bodies on trailers with B and C bodies and B bodies with B and C and bodies with tow bars which is no stress at all.

Highly recommend having trailer brakes if you have much weight at all to pull on a trailer and if you have any serious weight airbags vice air shocks .. learned my lesson both accounts believe you me. :(

newport 2.jpghere is one picture.i have to find a few more

newport 2.jpg

Photo-0364(1).jpgthis is when i first got mu bullit wheels i need some spacers to put them on though.and the car needs a fresh hot rod flat black paintjob refreshening.lol i really like the look

Photo-0364(1).jpg

That would be one kool daily driver right there!

Way back when I was drag racing (we had to shoo the dinosaurs off the track) I used to use C-Body Mopars to do all my towing. Never had any issues at all. Loaded trailer weight was just under 5K.

Back then, everybody used big sedans or station wagons. Trucks weren't as comfortable or had the power they do now.

Of course, everything else had to be right... Class III hitch with weight distribution bars, good trailer (I had a Bock Drag Star) good trailer brakes etc.

Ahh the good old days! Lmao, shoo the dinasours, love that!

Everyone here has been nice enough to post the ones they know I like when they trip across one. I've always appreciated it.

< Sent from my tablet >

Everyone here has been nice enough to post the ones they know I like when they trip across one. I've always appreciated it.

< Sent from my tablet >

Well I hope you will appreciate it if I post one as well now that I'm more aware of what you are looking for. I'll post it if I find one.

yeah its got a/c but missing the condesor and the line that goes infront of the compressor

i think i need 1.25 bolt on adapters for the 17x8 bullits to work.anyone know?the front almost fit one side hits the steering arm the other side is to close and the back is close also but way in there so i think i need the 1.25 spacers because thats about how long the studs are think the studs are 1 inch but need 1.25 to get the backspacing close to 4.5

Back