1966 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4 Barrel 4 Speed Restoration Thread

Keep the pic's coming, the body shop is doing the floors also?
Probably. I might do them, but I'm not sure. My welding skills would sure need to be upped before I even attempted it.

Update:
Engine and transmission are out! Last night, my dad came over to the garage to help me finish taking the car apart. We wound up pulling the engine and trans as one unit. This took us around three hours. The transmission is getting a complete rebuild, while I am just going to be putting the correct intake and other assorted pieces back onto the engine.
Pics:
cutter.jpg
Dad.jpg
emandpapa.jpg
Engine.jpg
Engine2.jpg
Engine3.jpg
enginer.jpg
ouit.jpg
disz.jpg
WILLLSON!!!.jpg
It has become obvious that this car has had some sort of accident damage in it's past, as the inner drivers side wheel well and fender are blue. The good news is that the engine is almost definitely original due to it's 8-9-'65 build date (made a month before the car)... Now where did I put that trailer?

cutter.jpg

Dad.jpg

emandpapa.jpg

Engine.jpg

Engine2.jpg

Engine3.jpg

enginer.jpg

ouit.jpg

disz.jpg

WILLLSON!!!.jpg

Did you have a hard time removing the Core support?

Not too much of an issue. The previously rounded off bolt heads were what was holding us up. We had to take it all apart to get it to come out though.

Not too much of an issue. The previously rounded off bolt heads were what was holding us up. We had to take it all apart to get it to come out though.

Are you pulling the trim yourself, or leaving that to the bodyshop? Excellent thread you've got started... every time I think I will take pictures of a project I get focused and forget about the camera until cleanup time. Please keep it up.

Are you pulling the trim yourself, or leaving that to the bodyshop? Excellent thread you've got started... every time I think I will take pictures of a project I get focused and forget about the camera until cleanup time. Please keep it up.
I will be taking off the trim and doing my best to restore it or replace it with what precious extra I have acquired. I'm glad that you enjoy the thread!

Back