1966 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4 Barrel 4 Speed Restoration Thread

Learned something new I thought every state titled cars

It's a constitutional issue "the power the states is sovereign". As much as federal agencies would like to pass rulings for the entire country, the states are in control of intrastate issues. Whatever happens within state boundaries is in the state's control, like titling cars. Every state is different. There was a big push from the federal government to tighten up after Katrina cars started to show up for sale with "washed titles" which is a practice of titling the car in a couple sates to "lose" the flood brand from the title.

Good news!
Today the family and I went to pick up two parts cars which have all the body panels I need, interior parts, floors (Mary is saved!), and other things! Both cars were AC cars, and are mostly complete. If you need parts, send me a PM. If I am not keeping the part, I will sell it to you.
Here are some pictures:
00F0F_4EQ5gQkbXOS_600x450.jpg

00x0x_geFighE2YXJ_600x450.jpg

00R0R_hHRUdZYEXti_600x450.jpg

01414_lnYi6LlqEme_600x450.jpg

Good news!
Today the family and I went to pick up two parts cars which have all the body panels I need, interior parts, floors (Mary is saved!), and other things! Both cars were AC cars, and are mostly complete. If you need parts, send me a PM. If I am not keeping the part, I will sell it to you.
Here are some pictures:
View attachment 67359
View attachment 67360
View attachment 67361
View attachment 67362

That's awesome... and enough to share even... great find. I'm sure Texas climate is hard on soft parts, but should be pretty good for the steel.

Did you resolve your title scare?

That's awesome... and enough to share even... great find. I'm sure Texas climate is hard on soft parts, but should be pretty good for the steel.

Did you resolve your title scare?
Yep. All the numbers match. The gentleman that let me know about it was actually a police officer who had tried to buy a similar car (not the same car) in Ferris Texas. Our car came from Forney.

You never cooked a frozen turkey pot pie on the engine?
You haven't lived.
CUMMINS slow roasted chicken. Unbelievable.....

I did that every day in the winter working on job sites with no heat or power, the 6BT has a nice long manifold, just bring tin foil. I don't miss working in that crap AT ALL!

Beautiful car!!! (I'm partial to 3 pedal Furys).
Did you get that build sheet out?
Not yet. I might just leave it in if I don't re-upholster the seats. Do you (or someone else) know where I can get a blank build sheet to fill in what I can see?

Something interesting I found...
0D7aPhw5pExefdVjUJwfUs4gU6nNIgWDcGTpOMjAZB63L257ZDVrduo1jxW5ngRbsL9zxHAV7BEJq1X1Ka8MRYuK3W0L2qMEPKbKVBrh7iOI6Bp1hLjJKxQ8YwQ77W1gxJx1SOtoVdI2XqrNg0tIvxuQp-3_0pI8p8rjnTgCUxAkJKtaZNMycUl8QnRn4EkhW3nOGU1wXqb3UUU_9F7122m28tnYcEGiesijwW259BJvpQxajPdW0yaT2Fsv5IeU83IlLQlV-o2VTLXKCiY-poz4iYJReS_VQto4oupPd-UkwItGm6J0ZUlkMjg6sZqFyOSTdie-gSSXG4oqgsZKRYQSp3tUCbgH4Jyz54AeZgvuol9LZI4G8b0JnSYwROh0JCy6UWKcIqH5n7AobSXNHezD7CU4zoxsLMUOdpjAyfiNQdNUNrpcWE0l2LYqW-iwtt7ynVNy1RdsD9u_EbsGHgB34MEVDOe3R2-gqVp1bQh75B5xwTe1fFGTzic7HLKDWudzb9xNDHuBnu7IXRK54j0IR-h5Fdt4VIJ397XYe-PsQfjzMA8FA4OzZyX3PV_fr5YJ=w1347-h1010-no

It seems as if this car was someone's baby at one point in time. It would have been gorgeous in it's factory Turbine Bronze.

The red-primered parts car was a striking bronze under the deck (trunk, boot) lid. The blue car once had a vinyl top. Yes, we did get the elusive vinyl-top-only trim pieces. In fact, they are shiny and like new.

- dad

image.jpeg
Uhhhh, we have three other AC cars to fix. Dad gets first dibs.

How's this for a nice floor?!

Update:
Spent last night and most of today prepping and painting Mary's engine. Unfortunately, I couldn't document the process as I lost my phone charger, and hence my camera.:BangHead:
I got some down right pretty pictures of the finished product though.
Engine 1.JPG

Engine 2.JPG

Engine 3.JPG

Engine 4.JPG

Engine 5.JPG

Engine 6.JPG

Engine 7.JPG

P.S. Thanks ironram for the intake!
P.P.S. There is one glaring mistake I made... who can spot it?

Actually, I take it back. Turns out the person that critiqued me on my "mistake" was wrong. So there.

Back