1966 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4 Barrel 4 Speed Restoration Thread

I am trying to figure out what wheels came on my car from the factory. The only ones that I have found on 1966 Sport Fury's are these:
wheels.jpg
Were there other options available?

wheels.jpg

If it came with front disc brakes ,then they had 15 inch wheel covers that had DISC BRAKE stamped into them
My car came with drums all around, so I guess the previous option would be correct.

Can anyone confirm that these are for a '66 Sport Fury?
wheel.jpg

wheel.jpg

A little bit of bad news...
I received a message from someone on the god forbidden website that most people hate here, Facebook, from a gentleman who went to look at this car a few years ago. Apparently, this is what happened:"I looked at the car in ferris and the guy got scared when I asked about the title and put the car behind his house just after that. I hope you got a good title with it. Just saying."

Now I am pondering if the car has been pieced together...

Does anybody know if the VIN is located on the frame, and if so, where I can find it?

You do have a title, right? If the vin plate, build sheet, engine, transmission match... I wouldn't panic. IDK where or if a hidden vin exists for your car, sorry. It would be a lots of work to swap everything into another body, not impossible... check what you've got easy access to so you can breathe.

You do have a title, right? If the vin plate, build sheet, engine, transmission match... I wouldn't panic. IDK where or if a hidden vin exists for your car, sorry. It would be a lots of work to swap everything into another body, not impossible... check what you've got easy access to so you can breathe.
Yes, we do have the title.

I would have been surprised to find that sort of foolishness in the Horvaths house... you guys strike me as much more together than that... no title is the kind of mistake I have made and wont make again.

I would have been surprised to find that sort of foolishness in the Horvaths house... you guys strike me as much more together than that... no title is the kind of mistake I have made and wont make again.

Titles? We don't need no stinking titles....

Thank god Alberta is still cowboy enough not to need titles! However our new communist government may change that too...

Titles? We don't need no stinking titles....

Thank god Alberta is still cowboy enough not to need titles! However our new communist government may change that too...

Now how on earth would I ever get a car from there past the FL DMV Gestapo when I decide to come relive you guys of an imperial?

In cases where we sell used cars from Alberta into "Title" provinces such as B.C. we register the vehicle to the Dealership first then give the "Regiistration Copy" or what passes for a "Titling" document up here to the new owner. This has also worked for US bound vehicles in states such as Utah and Washington as well. Costs us $25.

Back