1966 Polara 500 The Black Car

About 350 miles on the engine, low rpm shifts and eaaassssiinngg into third, I'm not upset. It would have been fun to have the car a little more sorted out, but I still enjoyed it.

About 350 miles on the engine, low rpm shifts and eaaassssiinngg into third, I'm not upset. It would have been fun to have the car a little more sorted out, but I still enjoyed it.
Hey, you're running around and having fun in a classic, of course you enjoyed it!!!!:realcrazy:

Sweet! Had too much fun, accordig to the home office, ha! Hunt for your parts here and that fury will be lining up next year, not the metric!

Ha Ha Ha! I only wish man. There is a lot to do to the old girl so it definitely won't be next year. Next year I will have the Dakota truck there is the plan.

So I tool the car to Valleyfair amusement park today, my work had an employee deal there, admission and a meal. Meal wasn't bad, hot dogs, chicken, and some decent ribs, baked beans, chips and cookies. A hot dog, three ribs, some beans and two cookies later, I was on my way to go ride some coasters. Went on one ethen went to my favorite, the Renegade.

Only got to ride it four times, there were a lot longer lines this year. Schucks. Went back to the Wild Thing, a big coaster hits 70mph and gives some good float time, but it was stopping going up the big hill.

After two times, I split, and went back to the Renegade. And it was closed, had a cart at the top of the hill. Complete splitsville, and I headed home. Grabbed a picture before I left.

IMG_20180819_163021.jpg

Car drove all right, the exhaust seems quite after 2,000 rpm, the drone just turned off so to speak. Still chasing little things, but it's been nice so far.

Time to order a box of wiper refills, or two! Stopped in at oriellys, and they don't even carry them, asked about ordering them, no, they don't carry them at all. Internet is my only friend, buy in bulk time.

Was wondering if you knew how fun finding the Anco refills can be............

Was wondering if you knew how fun finding the Anco refills can be............
Rock Auto has them, mentioned in another thread. I got them what felt like yesterday, must have been more than a few years.

So on the way home from the amusement park, after my post I made halfway home, the car died again, but at least I was only ten miles from home, and had the spare battery I had just bought. Swapped them and got home. The car is a local car for the time being, I have a new alternator to install, and another harness if I need to replace wires. It might be time to make a wire loom board, having three '66's that have original, and hacked harnesses, using another 50some year old wires might not be the best. Time over the winter, or money to someone else. We'll see. If I ever get a day off from work I might get some more wires inside the car hooked up correctly, and get some more interior lighting, like the speedometer, and gauges.

Back