1966 sport fury Do they make headers to fit

cjwhite28

Reaction score
1966 sport fury 440 Do they make headers to fit my application

The car has 4 piece long tubes on it now that i want to replace but cant seem to find a listing for anything 100% . any suggestions

Is it full race? What's wrong with your current ones?

Also, what's wrong with HP manifolds? They are much easier to work around, and if your car is not running 10 seconds in the 1/4, they are probably pointless. If you need headers, what brand are the ones you're running? I would check that brand out and start from there.

Headers were on the car when it came in so i have no idea what brand they are and they are not tagged. We are building a 500ci stroker for the car and would like to put a nice clean set of headers on at the same time. i might just have to send these out to be blasted and coat or paint them.

Uh Oh here we go with header vs. manifold again. TTI if you want bolt in or pick a B body header and modify or build your own. People here with experience on both on here. We will also be demanding pictures so expect that. Welcome

I did the b-body header thing. The drivers side fits perfect but the passenger side would not clear the torsion bar. That was on a 73 c-body using cheap Headmans . With a little cutting and welding I did manage to get them to work but the flange never sealed right.

Uh Oh here we go with header vs. manifold again. TTI if you want bolt in or pick a B body header and modify or build your own. People here with experience on both on here. We will also be demanding pictures so expect that. Welcome
I wouldn't totally badmouth Hp manifolds. They do make great boat anchors.

http://ttiexhaust.com/Category-ClassicHeaders/Subcategory/ccBigBlock-RB.htm
Headers were on the car when it came in so i have no idea what brand they are and they are not tagged. We are building a 500ci stroker for the car and would like to put a nice clean set of headers on at the same time. i might just have to send these out to be blasted and coat or paint them.
TTI is your best bet. They are expensive but worth it. They do not leak like some of the cheaper headers. Ive been running them on my car for the last couple of years and haven't had to go back and retighten the bolts yet. They are the best fit you will find.

I have a 440 in my 65 with a 4 speed. They are Hooker, no idea what model. They fit well, a little tight on the passenger TB, that and the starter aint coming out.
I am also building a stroker, I'll be going to 2" primaries, these are 1 7/8".

I have to throw my 2 cents, since I had no problem with the schumacher headers I just put on my 67 Fury big block conversion. Fits like a glove and makes my GM friends envious of the good fit.

Back