1967 Crown Coupe Restoration

Your post #8 shows later wheels and the originals. Mr C is correct on the top wheels. I still have a single off my '73 that is identical. The bottoms can be identified by their "nubs" near the lug holes as being '67 - '68 wheels.

He's local but the car is not, at least not yet...

the work is progressing...its mostly boring mechanical stuff you guys can do in your sleep and is of no particular interest here.

the electrical work ..i mentioned in some other thread a few weeks ago..is one where we (well my guys) are chasing around. Windows work, then they take turns NOT working when you do something innocuous like push cigarette lighter in.

the car is still in New York so I havent been to that part of the state (Cattaraugus County) this year yet...weather. i did pickup new (old) front seats though (they were posted here couple weeks back) versus reupholstering the old ones. matter of fact, thats when this electrical crap started..when we messed with the driver seat back in november...

my contacts with the original owner was a nice experience. they couldnt come up with old photos of its life in Augusta GA back in the 1960's but those in the family old enough to remember the car had great stories about it and the man who bought it.

still on course for summer rollout...if we're done Matt i'll trail behind your CC down Woodward one fine evening leading UP to the dream cruise.

its too crowded for me Friday/Saturday..cant eyeball other cars that easily while driving:yes:

Sorry, but that's already taken by the Imperial list. Not that the forum software and layout isn't better than Yahoo! Groups. But I suspect that the total number of Imperialists isn't large enough to support a second forum, and maybe not enough to support the work and money that goes into one of these forums, even standing alone.

There's more Imperial-specific stuff there, but this place is more interesting. I hang out here. I go there for info. (I know: for some of you, that's a bad trade! :) )

Edited to add: Let me rephrase. Lots of Chrysler guys there, and of course lots of Imperial-specific knowledge. But for overall knowledge and background, this forum can't be beat. That's what I mean by more interesting.

Edited to backpedal....:poke:

Back