1967 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible

I received a packet of information on the Polara from the seller today.
aside from the title and BOS there was a registration card from every year it was registered, from Sept 68 to Sept 74. looks like it went to the second owner in Sept 70.
I also got impeccable service records from new. Oil changes and general check up every 3 000 miles with the first at 1000 miles. Big stack of receipts to.
Best of all the certicard was stored in the original owner manual. It was delivered to Frank Antone Dodge Sept 68. No information when it was delivered to the first owner. Certicard is blank except for car info. Pretty exciting stuff.

DSC04766.JPG

Landy's Dodges
The showroom at Frank Antone Dodge in 1967. Chrysler also has the IBM card for the car you should get it

Will, I'm pretty sure that the "SA" denotes a non-sure-grip rear.
a.jpg

Will, I'm pretty sure that the "SA" denotes a non-sure-grip rear.
View attachment 281168

Once I saw the code for the 2:76 gear I figured it was very unlikely to have a sure grip. My search shows the "SA" denotes a 2:76 open gear.
That's fine with me. My foot has gotten smaller and lighter through the years. The 383 4 bbl doesn't need my help using fuel.

Last edited:
Once I saw the code for the 2:76 gear I figured it was very unlikely to have a sure grip. My search shows the "SA" denotes a 2:76 open gear.
That's fine with me. My foot has gotten smaller and lighter through the years. The 383 4 bbl doesn't need my help using fuel.
I bet she tows nicely with that gear... a she'll cruise great too. :thumbsup:

UPDATE: she was picked up at the sellers place yesterday. Going to Seattle to be loaded onto the big truck for the 3000 mile journey here. Scheduled for a 5-20/21 delivery. :lol: I already have boxes of parts to install.

UPDATE: she was picked up at the sellers place yesterday. Going to Seattle to be loaded onto the big truck for the 3000 mile journey here. Scheduled for a 5-20/21 delivery. :lol: I already have boxes of parts to install.
Stoked to see er!

since I have all this documentation, but no car yet, I thought
I'd do a little research. Well I came up with a discrepancy in the long term storage claim. The early service receipts and registration cards all ended at the time the car was put into storage. Early in 1970 with 26500 miles on the clock.
Seller claims the car sat in storage until the time of his fathers death in 2009. He then took the car out of storage in his grandfathers barn, Replaced the fuel tank and sender, fuel pump, had the radiator recored and several other services performed, all of which I have receipts for dated 09. He said he drove the car an additional 10 miles home where it has sat from then till now.
there are no other records with the car between 1970 and 2009, BUT.... the odometer now reads 86000 miles.
I confronted the seller with this information and he was very surprised and could offer no explanation. He swore, to his knowledge, the car had not been driven.
We have been communicating via phone, text and e-mail for some time now and he jumped through every hoop I asked for with information. I have no reason to distrust him. He is definitely not a car guy and knew very little about this car.

He also said he thought all the original parts removed from the car, (tires/wheels, wheel covers, air filter etc), were likely still in his grandfathers garage, but due to a family rift he could not look, or even call to enquire about them. I tried to encourage him but no luck. He won't budge on that.

So, no matter what, It's still about as nice a 67 Polara convertible one could hope to find, even with 86000 miles. I'm happy.

Here are scans of the last two services on record. I'm posting two because the last one was not dated but the mileage is close to 3000 miles apart which is consistent from records from new.

Scan0007.jpg
Scan0009.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome car and I am thrilled you are getting it. I hope it makes the cross-country journey safely and that you are able to enjoy it for many, many years to come!
:thumbsup:

Wil: You are a very sneaky guy. . . I dropped outa this thread some time ago, before you decided to make it your purchase and restore thread. What the heck?!? This car is lovely. I am so glad you got hold of it. I'll save some space next to my '66 convertible at Carlisle. Have your people call my people. . . We'll do lunch!

Nice car Will, I look forward to seeing it!:thumbsup:
Do you have a trailer hitch for it yet?:poke:
The right side moulding that you need is Polara 500 and Monaco, and is part of the wheel opening moulding(part #2807 344).
The dash pad is different than a '66, I don't know about the '68.
I may have a '67 air cleaner from a '67 Fury that I had 35+ years ago, but that might be gone. I know I haven't seen it in the last probably 20 years, but that doesn't mean that I don't still have it...somewhere. (I guess I was a Pack Rat in a former life, and I guess I didn't quite kick the habit.:D) I'll ask my brother if he has seen it, I'll ask him if he might have the fender moulding too.
Havin' knowin' Will like I have for ah bit Marty, I'd suspect the T-hitch waz disconnected from the 300 before the trip across the pond, lol

Well I missed a lot it took me a while to find this thread. Congratulations Will! I see it was mentioned that it was indeed delivered yesterday.

We are expecting details. :lol:

Havin' knowin' Will like I have for ah bit Marty, I'd suspect the T-hitch waz disconnected from the 300 before the trip across the pond, lol

Indeed the hitch came of Jezebelle and was transferred to the Admiral when he took over towing Connie all over. The hitch is now on a 69 New Yorker, (I believe), towing an Air Stream around California.

Will, did you get the car in Alabama yet?

She arrived last night about 8:30. It was dark to tell much but this morning I went over her and I think I did well. I drove it from the pick up point to my brothers place on 45 year old tires that spent most of their life flat.... The 383 sounds good and the trans shifted smooth. Brakes are an adventure, exhaust completely shot. She's gonna need a lot of TLC.
I'll post pictures once I get back home, Tuesday probably.
Pretty exciting!

She arrived last night about 8:30. It was dark to tell much but this morning I went over her and I think I did well. I drove it from the pick up point to my brothers place on 45 year old tires that spent most of their life flat.... The 383 sounds good and the trans shifted smooth. Brakes are an adventure, exhaust completely shot. She's gonna need a lot of TLC.
I'll post pictures once I get back home, Tuesday probably.
Pretty exciting!

I'm happy for you Will!

Congratulations Will, that's a great catch! Regarding the mileage I'm not seeing the discrepancy. First owner sold the car in 1970 with 26,500. According to the first post, the second owner, (the OP's dad) drove the car until 1974 when it went into stroage. I don't see it to be unusual to put 15K a year on a car. Regardless, it looks awesome!

Back