1967 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible

I have a 70 Polara that has drums and it stops just fine unless you plan on doing high speed slalom runs.
^This^

Just get the car running and driving then go have some fun with it. Save the updates until you have a few miles on it.

I'm tempted to step up to the plate with an offer myself.

Rebuilding the original drum brake system will save you a bundle. The drums work great for occasional, non aggressive cruising. I don't see any front end damage so the originals must have done their job well.
Best exhaust.... tti, IMO. Great fit, no welding. A new top installed will run around $1500.00. The rest should be easy.

You won't regret doing it and if you should decide to sell after that, you'll do much better.

That's how much i spent for my exhaust at the local speed shop :-|

Beautiful convertible, she'll come up nicely with a good detailing job, wash, clay bar to remove contaminants, cut and polish, spiffy up the interior and (new) tires then away you go, the envy of many folks for driving such a lovely car. As said previously, if you can, hang onto it due to the memories from when dad drove it, the occasional drive - just perfect, best wishes with it.

Here is the "collector value guide" for your car.
As is, it looks like it falls between a #3 and #4 value. I would guess value to be around 6 to 6.5 K. as is.
Top, brakes and exhaust will fall around the 2500.00 to 3K. if you do the mechanical work yourself. Add for hired labor. Figure around $400.00 for a set of new whitewalls also. (I love the "Sprint" slotted wheels).

1967 DODGE POLARA 383-270hp (8cyl-2V) AT

MOBILE
#5 #4 #3 #2 #1
2dr Convertible 1225 3575 8425 12550 20875
500 2dr Convertible 1300 3825 9025 13425 22325
2dr Hardtop 850 2375 5650 9400 15050
500 2dr Hardtop 925 2575 6100 10150 16250
4dr Hardtop 675 1850 4425 7375 11800
4dr Sedan 625 1675 4025 6700 10750
4dr Wagon 1050 3300 6800 10500 18000

Add:
383-325hp (8cyl-4V) 5%
440-375hp (8cyl-4V) 20%
4spd manual trans 5%
Air conditioning 10%
Power windows 3%

Some of Y'all remember this thread. Well, it's on it's way to Alabama. I'm a sucker for big red convertibles with white interior.
I'm not sure what you would call it. Barn find, survivor.... It has been parked in secure structure since 1974. It has a few period modifications which can be undone easily. Original paint, interior, top. Even runs and drives. 86K miles. 2nd owner bought it in the early 70's. It has spent it's life in a very dry, temperate climate in Oregon.
It has a few minor issues but being what it is, and the price was right. Kind of a fresh start in the C body fold.
It should be here in a week or so. Hoping to bring it to Carlisle.

Some of Y'all remember this thread. Well, it's on it's way to Alabama. I'm a sucker for big red convertibles with white interior.
I'm not sure what you would call it. Barn find, survivor.... It has been parked in secure structure since 1974. It has a few period modifications which can be undone easily. Original paint, interior, top. Even runs and drives. 86K miles. 2nd owner bought it in the early 70's. It has spent it's life in a very dry, temperate climate in Oregon.
It has a few minor issues but being what it is, and the price was right. Kind of a fresh start in the C body fold.
It should be here in a week or so. Hoping to bring it to Carlisle.
Congratulations! Nice Easter present for yourself. :thumbsup:

I’m envious Will, that’d be my favorite C-body Dodge you’ll have there!:thumbsup:

I know I will need a couple of things for the Polara. The dash pad is cracked. Does anyone here know if it will interchange with a 66/68? I think I will need a 67 383 2bbl OEM air filter housing. Lower right front fender moldings, wheel opening to bumper. (2 pieces unique to the 500 model I think).
I figure 37 pairs of eyes are better than one. So if anyone has, or sees any of these items, I'm looking.

Last edited:
I know I will need a couple of things for the Polara. The dash pad is cracked. Does anyone here know if it will interchange with a 66/68? I think I will need a 67 383 2bbl OEM air filter housing. Lower right front fender moldings, wheel opening to bumper. (2 pieces unique to the 500 model I think).
I figure 37 pairs of eyes are better than one. So if anyone has, or sees any of these items, I'm looking.
Nice car Will, I look forward to seeing it!:thumbsup:
Do you have a trailer hitch for it yet?:poke:
The right side moulding that you need is Polara 500 and Monaco, and is part of the wheel opening moulding(part #2807 344).
The dash pad is different than a '66, I don't know about the '68.
I may have a '67 air cleaner from a '67 Fury that I had 35+ years ago, but that might be gone. I know I haven't seen it in the last probably 20 years, but that doesn't mean that I don't still have it...somewhere. (I guess I was a Pack Rat in a former life, and I guess I didn't quite kick the habit.:D) I'll ask my brother if he has seen it, I'll ask him if he might have the fender moulding too.

Man that thing is clean. What is the on the license plate frame?

I have this Will and I’ll throw in a base with a 4.25” diameter opening for the AFB. Not sure if the top is right for the car but if you pay for shipping it’s yours.
E41146C3-6227-4CC5-A690-905E9B0EDB37.jpeg

I have this Will and I’ll throw in a base with a 4.25” diameter opening for the AFB. Not sure if the top is right for the car but if you pay for shipping it’s yours.
View attachment 279844

WOW Matt...... Looks right to me. I'll take it! Happy to pay you something for it, plus the shipping.
I hadn't thought much about the engine until now. I was thinking it was a base 383 2bbl. I checked the engine code, "H", and found it to be a 383 4bbl. Close inspection shows the HP manifolds and dual exhaust..... cool bonus.

Let me know the cost and PP "friends", it to you. Thanks a bunch. :thankyou:
Will.

Last edited:
Back