1967 Monaco 500 with what engine?

I've looked through a lot of that Hamtramick material for '67 and don't see the side markers as an option. I've looked at the '67 Dodge Monaco / Polara service manual and other than showing the fender-mounted turn signal lamps, I see nothing indicating marker lamps. I presume these marker lamps come on with the running lights and don't act as turn signals?

Looking at how the wires were spliced in would give us the answer (unless they borrowed some wiring from the '68 parts bin?)

The marker lights just come on with the parking and regular lights. From the factory they were not tied in to the turn signals.
A build sheet under the seat would determine whether or not the factory put them on. Also since it was a body difference in the factory it should somehow be represented on the fender tag.

Another possible roundel car. I am not seeing the bezel though. Need more pictures of this car.

$T2eC16JHJGUFFh0+e+heBRbWTyH!Pw~~60_3.jpg

And another thing. My Canuckian built car had the front steel fuel line segment that runs from underneath the passenger front floor up to near the engine not routed through the front frame rail, and emerging through the frame again at the front; near the fuel pump like my Belvidere New Jersey cars. They simply used a cheap steel loop clamp to hold it to the inboard side of the frame rail.

I have to say I would not have wanted the job of routing the fuel line through the frame at the New Jersey plant. It took me and a helper over an hour to get it done. I had to build a snare and grab it inside the frame at the front, to pull it through. Maybe the Canucks were not as worried about vapor lock being as how they are up north, ya know?

Until I see some sort of factory documentation regarding ‘68 side markers on any ‘67 model I’m going to say they were added post delivery in every case wether done at a dealership or at home.

I'm pretty sure that I put in a new fuel line in my '67 Canadian Monaco and I ran it through the frame rail because that's where I found it.

Is this a fuel regulator? And is it aftermarket? I've never seen one from the factory, but that one really looks like it belongs there, possibly because it's been there for so long.

Screenshot_20230211-093121~2.png

The marker lights just come on with the parking and regular lights. From the factory they were not tied in to the turn signals.
A build sheet under the seat would determine whether or not the factory put them on. Also since it was a body difference in the factory it should somehow be represented on the fender tag.
Which seat do I look under for the build sheet?

Look for a build sheet under the rear seat bottom tucked into the springs, or inside the driver's side seat back.

Please look at the wiring to the roundels, and get back with us. Is that part of the original harness? Look at both the engine compartment, and in the trunk.

Until I see some sort of factory documentation regarding ‘68 side markers on any ‘67 model I’m going to say they were added post delivery in every case wether done at a dealership or at home.
I agree with you Matt. I've seen '65's with the '68 side marker lights, including mine. People just liked drilling holes in their cars.

Find the machined pad right underneath the distributor and it will tell what engine it is. C-383/440 will be a '66, D will be a '67
C is ‘67, D is ‘68 etc..

Back