1967 Newport project on Air

Bagged67

Reaction score
I just wanted to post some pictures of my 67 Newport on bags. I don't see a lot of people bagging the big body mopars. I have been working on this thing for some time now and about to put it on the road. After I install the 4 link and get everything plumbed in. Oh and a gas tank. Let me know what you think. I will post pictures when more is done.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nice effort, when do you expect to have it on the road?

Nice effort, when do you expect to have it on the road?
Its getting cold here finally. And I have no room for it in the shop. So....I hope in about 2 months. I just got it leveled on blocks and rear end on stands. To start the 4 link. I removed the gas tank Saturday. Didn't want to weld that close to the tank. Good thing found a hole on the top side of tank. I'll have fix that now but I have a extra one with a smaller hole in it.

Sorry I'm late. Very interesting project. I've been looking at different ways to bag my fury. The lower control arms, I'm assuming the(new) front bushings are to stabilize the l.c.a because the torsion bars are gone?
As long as you can do it with some craftsmanship most of these guys won't be to hard on you. The rest will let you know how much better it would be stock. There are a few of us that love em lo! Personally I love on the mat!Anyway, WELCOME!!great project I'm looking forward to to watching you progress!!

Last edited:
Drop it and fill it with water, drain, degrease, good to go!

Yes that's how I do it most of the time. The tank I pulled out had a quarter size hole. I have a tank out of fury that has a pin hole. I'll weld that one this weekend. Thank you for everyone's comments.

I was a bit worried the 1st few times I welded on gas tanks. Am I right about the lower control arms? Are your torsion bars gone?

Sorry I'm late. Very interesting project. I've been looking at different ways to bag my fury. The lower control arms, I'm assuming the(new) front bushings are to stabilize the l.c.a because the torsion bars are gone?
As long as you can do it with some craftsmanship most of these guys won't be to hard on you. The rest will let you know how much better it would be stock. There are a few of us that love em lo! Personally I love on the mat!Anyway, WELCOME!!great project I'm looking forward to to watching you progress!!

Yes Tbars are gone. The whole front end was shot. I had a set of bags and said lets do it. The k member is braced and sleeved with grease fittings. I will take more photos in the next few months. I could probably draw it all out better.

You could go another route and leave the Tbars just turn them down and bag over upper. Like the old S10 trucks on a budget. Or mustang II suspension swap. I liked the challenge of the custom lowers and the was also told it can't be done. "I'll show him" attitude kicked in.

I've seen em from simple to way too complicated. I'll tell ya what I haven't seen, a lot people doing it! Looking forward to watching your progress!

Back