1967 Plymouth Fury 3 Hardtop

Well, I picked the newyorker up today. Sad to say its not in as good of shape as i was hoping. Im gonna end up parting it out after i take a few things for myself. Definitely keeping the buckets. Ill post it in the for sale when its ready.

20150315_220909.jpg

20150315_221037.jpg

Will do Senator. Might be a couple of weeks before i make it there. I do take solace in the fact that the New Yorker will help someone else's project commando. Well heres one of my baby steps. Can you tell the difference. Other than opposite sides of the car.

20150316_180145.jpg

20150316_180119.jpg

Pulled the pedals out today Of the NY'er today. Thats was fun!! Ill bet this thing was a blast to drive with a bigblock 4 speed and manual steering. I heard rumors that the guy used to have a ratfink style shifter it. Oh yea I finished pulling the window trim from the NY'er and spent a few hours scrubbing the chrome . I redid the window seals and got everthing installed on the fury. Pulled the trans too.

photo 1-3.jpg

photo 3-2.jpg

Wait a minute....
Pulled the pedals out today Of the NY'er today. Thats was fun!! Ill bet this thing was a blast to drive with a bigblock 4 speed and manual steering.

Did I miss something??

Oops! Must left that part out. Unfortunately the pedals were "modified " to fit the yorker. Done right it could very fun!

Will do Senator. Might be a couple of weeks before i make it there. I do take solace in the fact that the New Yorker will help someone else's project commando. Well heres one of my baby steps. Can you tell the difference. Other than opposite sides of the car.

A pillar and side window finishing trim on drivers side is chrome, pass side is plastic or painted

At one time im told it was a 440 4speed. It was not factory tho. Supposedly it has the super stock springs and a sure grip dif.
So exactly what was left of this 440 4 speed conversion when you got it?
Can you post up a 1/2 decent close up of the pedals?

So this is exactly what is left of the 440 4speed. Just the pedals. Let me know if i missed an angle.

photo 2-5.jpg

photo 1-5.jpg

photo 3-3.jpg

photo 2-4.jpg

photo 1-4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the midst of a 318 to 440 swap. I'll keep the group aprised of progress. I've upgraded to disc brakes and new suspension out back with new steering parts this weekend. I haven't found replacement torsion bars yet but hope that with all teh aluminum on the new engine and minus a few other goodies I can get away with stock torsion bars. The trans kcikdown and shift linkage will be my nemesis.

Sounds like fun yellowkeeble. Im having a little trouble locating torsion bars too. Im debating on which way i want to go on the brakes. Decisions decisions! !

Thanks for the pics of the pedal assy. Yah, they were messed with, if not outright hacked.
Shame. There was no need to hack that assy if the had a clue on what they were doing.

The ting I am surprised at it is the small round hole on the tunnel for the shifter.
If an A833 4 speed was used, there would a have been a much larger hole.

That small round hole reminds me of the shifter used in the 4 speed pointy moose transmissions used up to 62.

At one time im told it was a 440 4speed. It was not factory tho. Supposedly it has the super stock springs and a sure grip dif.

Would you post pictures of these springs and tell us how many springs and half springs are on each side

Sure will tallhair. Give me a few. Long day at work and now im in the middle of painting the headers.

Theres 6 leafs total. Its a pain thi a** to count the halfs while its on the ground so I hope this will do. Can you tell if they are super stocks?

20150320_201409.jpg

20150320_201359.jpg

20150320_200900.jpg

Back