For Sale 1968 Chrysler 300 4drhtp, red/white/white buckets, $3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was as surprised as anyone that someone hit the BIN button. I can only say that given the price + the effort required to ship, I doubt this will become a low-rent restoration or an engine donor. In fact the bidder is already shopping for 14" tires and a windshield, so I'm sure they have good intentions.

Hell, even I wouldn't keep those tiny 14" tires. :steering:
Congrats, either way. I certainly hope it was worth it in your end. That was a really good save and well worth what they paid.

Congrats, either way. I certainly hope it was worth it in your end. That was a really good save and well worth what they paid.

I did ok, probably minimum wage if you figured the hours invested. I knew the car was prime for donking or engine removal when it popped up on craigs so I swarmed on it. Figured I'd have time for it this summer, but forgot how long it really takes to properly clean up an already clean car ('70 Fury) so I never got around to anything more than basic stuff on the '68. Winter is coming and garage space is unfortunately not infinite!

I did ok, probably minimum wage if you figured the hours invested. I knew the car was prime for donking or engine removal when it popped up on craigs so I swarmed on it. Figured I'd have time for it this summer, but forgot how long it really takes to properly clean up an already clean car ('70 Fury) so I never got around to anything more than basic stuff on the '68. Winter is coming and garage space is unfortunately not infinite!
Yea, well, well done, man. Gotta be some good karma in it for you anyway... At least as much as us car guys get!

Carmine, guys like you who are willing to share knowledge and offer the finds they don't keep are excellent role models for those just entering the old car hobby. A person doesn't have to be all that knowledgeable or wealthy to do this... passion for the cars and the willingness to help others who share the passion is all that is required.

I am glad you didn't take a loss, not sure how you could on that one. I thank you for sacrificing the time and labor to save and rehome her. Now if a few more of those interested in older cars would just look at this thread instead of the idiots on tv... sorry it didn't sell to our small membership, I too look forward to a new member showing up.

I lost track of this thread, great save and you made some for your time invested. It helps to get some back for what you invested time wise but I get the feeling you would still have done it even if you broke even just to save the car.
My rain barrel. My house/lot has an unusual layout that works very well for owning a bunch of cars. Strategically planted arborvities and privacy fence make me look like Joe-average minivan owner when you pass by. :)
How are us fellow Michiganders going to stalk you if your place is hard to find? Lol really I am just kidding.

I also was watching this car and felt it a good buy, like so many other folks 'I woulda bought it if I could'.
With that said, glad to see it sold, and for more $$, a Buy-It-Now sale always makes me nervous but sounds like you have a legitimate buyer.

Good work, Carmine!

Nice car except for those hideous wheels.
image.jpeg

I have to agree with Matt.

Those wheels look horrible on that car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back