1968 Chrysler 300 front turn signal bulb

bronze turbine

Reaction score
I hate to ask this question because I should be able to look this up, but believe me, I've tried. I don't trust the information I'm finding. What is the correct amber front turn signal bulb? Is it 1157? Isn't that a dual filament bulb used for the tail lights? I'm hoping some expert here will just take a second to answer this. THANKS!

1156 will be the single-element version of the dual-element 1157 used at the rear. Add an "A" for "amber" or "NA" for "natural amber". Look to see what the intensity of the amber color is so you can seek an exact match of the two front bulbs . . . as they CAN vary.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Last edited:
Doesn't the '68 300 already have amber colored lenses? That makes it a 1157, a clear bulb.

We have two 1968 300s. One has the clear lenses and the other has amber. It must have been a mid-year change or their from a different year car.
I don't understand why you use a dual-filament bulb in the front. I thought they were for brake/tail lamps.

We have two 1968 300s. One has the clear lenses and the other has amber. It must have been a mid-year change or their from a different year car.
I don't understand why you use a dual-filament bulb in the front. I thought they were for brake/tail lamps.
Parking lights.

1157 is clear
1157A is painted amber
1157NA is tinted amber

clear lense is from a 1967
67 Newport and 300.
Amber became a national safety requirement in 68 along with sidemarker lamps, just to mention among many other things the government began imposing.
Some car makers did clear lense with amber bulb which was also acceptable.

The funny thing about the parking lights is that they are not on when the headlights are.
That happened in later years.

Or... If you were a street racer around Syracuse, you hooked them up to work with the headlights so your car could be identified in the dark from, let's say a quarter mile down the road. At least that's what I'm told.

Back