1968 Chrysler New Yorker on cl - $1600obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrewboy

Reaction score
Contact seller
This was recently listed for $3K on Craigslist and ebay, but didn't sell in either place. Presumably it previously had a title, but title is now lost in a house fire. Looks like the seller halved the price due to losing the title. There are more pictures on the ebay ad than on craigslist. Looks pretty unmolested under the hood. Don't know how hard it is to get a replacement title, but I'd hate to see this get sold for parts, scrap, or demo derby. I'm hoping you could add a radiator and just drive it.
Current CL ad:
http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/4543973199.html
Old Ebay ad:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chrysl...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The previous CL ad didn't mention anything about a house fire and not having a title. Neither did the ebay ad, and the second ebay ad was cancelled Sunday. I gather the house fire and loss of title are new developments.

Is he a flipper who never titled it in his name? If it's titled in his name how hard is it to apply for a lost title? Here in AZ I can walk out of MVD in ten minutes with a new title in hand.

Is he a flipper who never titled it in his name? If it's titled in his name how hard is it to apply for a lost title? Here in AZ I can walk out of MVD in ten minutes with a new title in hand.

it don't work that way in PRoXX states... The bureaucracy is mind numbing, If I ever have the chance to get out from under this house we're moving back out west or south. Fudge this ish...

That's what worries me. A lost title was not a big deal in North Carolina, where I grew up. The car is in New Jersey. The change from "fix it and enjoy" to "part it out" makes me think getting a replacement title in New Jersey is going to be an ordeal. I wonder how hard it is to title it out of state based on a bill of sale?

Title or not. If someone can get that car to AZ for cheap, I'll title it and drive the wheels off it!

No way, seriously????....I've never seen that before on any slab car or any car from the 60's for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back