For Sale 1968 Dodge Monaco 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam392

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am the second owner of this 1968 Dodge Monaco 500. I bought it 22 years ago to either restore or use as a parts car for my ’68 Chrysler 300. It is well optioned with the usual PS, PB, A/C but has added options of 383 hi-perf., bucket seats, center counsel with shifter, cruise control, rear defog and one I have not seen before in this vintage—a glove box remote trunk release. For a MOPAR, the interior is in excellent condition (the item I was considering ‘transplanting’ to my 300). The body in general is straight but has some rust in the usual areas-rear window, trunk and driver’s rear quarter panel. The rust is somewhat localized because the original owner parked it in a small carport with the trunk area exposed. The floorboards are good. The car was ALL original when I bought it and have since, mostly 20 years ago when I had the energy, replaced the intake/carburetor, valve-cover gaskets, added electronic ignition and last month I went through the fuel system cleaning and replacing items as required. The car runs and moves but would require some TLC to make it a ‘driver’. Twenty years ago, I removed the A/C compressor because Freon was no longer available. The wheels are 14” rally rims with center caps and trim rings from my ’70 Challenger. The car should be a good project or parts car. It does come with a replacement windshield (came w/ car 22 years ago). I also have a good 1968 383 short block that could be available if interested. If you have any questions or want more photos feel free to ask. I am trying FCBO before Craig’s List. I’m asking $2650.00 but will negotiate for a good FCBO home. Indianapolis area.
20180603_142505.jpg

20180603_124035.jpg

20180603_120943.jpg

20180603_110906.jpg

20180603_110944.jpg

20180603_111500.jpg

20180603_123903.jpg

20180603_142248.jpg

20180603_142314.jpg

20180602_163650.jpg

Wow man. Love the colors, interior looks really good, cornering lamps (super nice to see.)... I'm pretty set with my 67 500 as far as projects are concerned but I wish you the best of luck with the sale and I hope someone brings this girl back to the road.

That car is far too nice and well optioned to be parted. Good Luck! I hope it finds a good home.

Wow man. Love the colors, interior looks really good, cornering lamps (super nice to see.)... I'm pretty set with my 67 500 as far as projects are concerned but I wish you the best of luck with the sale and I hope someone brings this girl back to the road.
Thanks, currently my limited time and energy are rationed for my '68 300.

Wow.. what a lovely machine!

Must be restored.. I wish I could, but I can't.. but sincerely hope you don't have to much trouble finding the next caretaker.

If you want, I can post it on the Danish Mopar page, but to be honest, I feel awful abt all the cars being exported out of the US.

I took a little "Google street view cruise" in Zionsville - And it looked like a super nice place, for about 80 seconds.. until I came across "dead people" in plain view, on a lawn.. around 90 North 5th street.

Feel free to investigate via this LINK .. :-D

Best of luck with sale !

If I didn't have my '66 500, I'd be asking a lot of questions. I hope you sell it soon, or hang on to long enough for me to grow my money tree! I'm loving the '67-'68 Polaras/Monacos more and more.

If I didn't have my '66 500, I'd be asking a lot of questions. I hope you sell it soon, or hang on to long enough for me to grow my money tree! I'm loving the '67-'68 Polaras/Monacos more and more.
Well, we shall see. If no one is interested now, I'll put back in it's spot in the garage for another 17 year hibernation or until your money tree grows to maturation.

Well, we shall see. If no one is interested now, I'll put back in it's spot in the garage for another 17 year hibernation or until your money tree grows to maturation.
It even looks to b the same green as a '66 Monaco 500 I was chasing. Yours is a much better car, running and driving. You're making me want to figure out how... Ok, I'm making me figure out how, but you got me thinking.

Scott,,
It is simple... Offer him a down payment and then a monthly payment till paid for..
That way won't kill yourself looking to come up with all the funds at once and gives
you time to find a parking spot....
Seee,, simple, my man,, simple..... :) :)

Scott,,
It is simple... Offer him a down payment and then a monthly payment till paid for..
That way won't kill yourself looking to come up with all the funds at once and gives
you time to find a parking spot....
Seee,, simple, my man,, simple..... :) :)
That's what I'm thinking, I just didn't have time to get that started as my break was over. I'll be pm'ing someone soon!

Hey @Sam392, can you post a fender tag pic?
I am about to head out the door but here are a few I took last month, I even threw in one of the clean gas tank--if that doesn't sell you, nothing will! I'll take some better ones of the tag and forward them later today. Enjoy!

20180508_112712[1].jpg

20180508_112718[1].jpg

20180508_112728[1].jpg

20180519_145410[1].jpg

It even looks to b the same green as a '66 Monaco 500 I was chasing. Yours is a much better car, running and driving. You're making me want to figure out how... Ok, I'm making me figure out how, but you got me thinking.
hahaha ... excellent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back