1968 Monaco 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't wait for her to get undressed.

What were we talking about. Oh. Yes...

shaylaren.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yeah...... Give her $40.00...... She wiggles in my face, then turns and walks away.....

AIN'T LOVE STRANGE............?

Charged the A/C today. Brrrrrrrr! I hope it doesn't leak. We used the stuff with the dye just in case.

Fail.... No cold air today. I also lost a MF'n wheel cover today. Which inspired me to do this:

image.jpg

Which I LOVE!

image.jpg

The only COE you can still get in the U.S. is from Freightliner. Never seen on in person and probably never will.

COE's are dead here.
In a COE, the driver is the first one to the scene of the accident.

Every time I see one of these Lonestars on the road I give it a long look. I didn't know International was losing the market to Freightliner.

loneStar02.jpg

loneStar02.jpg

Every time I see one of these Lonestars on the road I give it a long look. I didn't know International was losing the market to Freightliner.
Several year ago the U.S. mandated new emmision standards for highway diesels that threw the truck industry into chaos. It was going to cost a phenominal amount of money to meet. The entire industry decided to go one route in achieving the standards but International bet the farm on a lower cost proprietary system. It didn't work and they lost their shirt and drove them into near bankruptcy.
At the same time Mercedes went on a full frontal attack to capture market share. Super aggressive marketting and drastic price slashing clobbered International, Volvo, Mack, and Paccar (Kenworth and Peterbilt). Literally every major Class 8 fleet buy Freightliners now.
Freightliner has gone from a premium truck to an entry level fleet truck.
I talk about trucks way too much....

Posted via Topify using Android

We used to make the enameled Freightliner aluminum hood emblem in our shop.

They're probably using a plastic one now.

Could have used one of those pictured exactly as above when I was doing the Cross-Bronx twice nightly.

Could have used one of those pictured exactly as above when I was doing the Cross-Bronx twice nightly.

That's an armored cab with ballistic glass that is 3" thick on the doors, windshield and back glass. It also has combat lock doors to keep Hadji and the hood rats out. And it has A/C.....

That's an armored cab with ballistic glass that is 3" thick on the doors, windshield and back glass. It also has combat lock doors to keep Hadji and the hood rats out. And it has A/C.....
Like I said, Could have used one of those pictured exactly as above.
The specs are perfect.

General question:
Why does everyone have a truck and tows cars???
Old Mopars are made for driving. There is nothing better than buying an old Mopar, jumping in and start driving. Including all the adventures.

Carsten

When I got mine it had no brakes, no rad, no interior, no floors (well they were there........barely), and no class. Mostly no brakes.

I couldn't live without my truck, it aggravates me, but I still love it, it's plowed threw over and around many things and it's always been reliable, no block heater no options really, yet even on the coldest day when all the neighbors couldn't get there 5-7 year old econoboxes to start my old small block powered chev turned over on the first crank.

When the Fury is in a condition where it can be driven, my truck will become my fair weather driver, if the weathers nice, The top will be dropped and I will drive my toy.

Nah....

What were we talking about. Oh. Yes...

shaylaren.gif
I starred at her for a while before I realized she was on a loop.......... I'm not complaining
Fail.... No cold air today. I also lost a MF'n wheel cover today. Which inspired me to do this:

View attachment 15086

Which I LOVE!

I like that actually Ross, it doesn't look bad.

congratulations to the new toy Ross !

General question:
Why does everyone have a truck and tows cars???
Old Mopars are made for driving. There is nothing better than buying an old Mopar, jumping in and start driving. Including all the adventures.

Carsten

I have a decent truck, well actually it's overkill for anything I do, but I use it for work and hauling stuff. Ford Excursion with teh diesel.

And this trailer.

I have the trailer for a number of reasons, mostly for hauling dead or unregistered cars around. You can rent trailers, but the last Uhaul trailer I rented was downright dangerous.... and you can have cars towed too... but geez... It doesn't take a lot of tows to pay for a trailer... especially long distance tows.

Over the years, I've bought cars all over the east coast. I would have never tried it without a trailer. Just last week, my oldest son got a real deal on a Saab convertible 60 miles away (his automotive weaknesses are Saabs and convertibles) as long as he got it that day. The truck and trailer took care of it.

:backontopic:

I LOVE this car. Gonna be tough to sell.

OK, a serious question: What number should I put on the car at Nats? High starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back