1968 Monaco 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freightliner. Originally designed and built by Consolidated Freightway for their own use because nothing on the market held up to the abuse they demanded out of their trucks.

cf_frtlnr_chicago49.jpg

Now it's this county's biggest builder burying International into the ground. Shame.

But still about all trucks US built in the heavy weight classes, imports didn't catch on in the US market, except by part ownership in US companies ?

:backontopic:

Charged the A/C today. Brrrrrrrr! I hope it doesn't leak. We used the stuff with the dye just in case.

In all fairness I have never tried to pull a trailer with my truck..........she has enough trouble pulling her own weight

My 2010 1500 with a 3.91 rear pulls good and is no lightweight either. Tipped the scales on Saturday @ 14,600 with the 300 in the enclosed trailer. I did pull through the rockies with it last year and it wasn't super quick up the long grades, but did respectable considering. Now mileage, let's not talk about that.

congratulations to the new toy Ross !

General question:
Why does everyone have a truck and tows cars???
Old Mopars are made for driving. There is nothing better than buying an old Mopar, jumping in and start driving. Including all the adventures.

Carsten

That's funny Carsten and a good question. I think most of us, on this board anyways that have trucks actually use them to haul things for are jobs/business'. If I don't need to have tools or materials with me and its not raining or snowing, I'll drive one of my cars.
in the winter when they salt the roads, all bets are off, my cars are in hibernation and the truck is it!

I agree 100% on the snow/salt time of the year unless I have a totally rusted out beater which I just bought for winter use.

I understand owning/using a truck if it is needed for work business or whatever but if I go to look (and buy) an old Mopar I just make sure I have the money and some liscense plates i could bolt onto to drive it home

Welcome back, SB. :)

:giggle:

congratulations to the new toy Ross !

General question:
Why does everyone have a truck and tows cars???
Old Mopars are made for driving. There is nothing better than buying an old Mopar, jumping in and start driving. Including all the adventures.

Carsten

Carsten, in this case, I was not looking for an adventure. As you'll recall though, I flew to Tampa & drove the POS 73 Imperial home. That was enough adventure for a while.

Carsten, I have to have my 4 wheel drive to drive from Baltimore to Green Bay towards the end of December every year to go to Lambeau Field to see the World Famous Green Bay Packers play the last home game of the year! No more flying for me since I retired from the Army.

green_bay_packers.jpg

images

Bob, why would you show a picture of the packers getting their *** kicked by the Vikes?

Bob, why would you show a picture of the packers getting their *** kicked by the Vikes?

The ViQueens don't have a chance to beat the Packers nor do the Browns or the Bengals!!!! LOL!

1013844_616309545054547_117350896_n.jpg

You hopefully realized already that this is an infinite loop Bob. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back