Status
Not open for further replies.

Homerr

Reaction score
Contact seller
$3000

What's in front of the windshield?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/4347135199.html

For sale 1968 Chrysler New Yorker. Good Condition. was my fathers car before he passed away last yr. he paid around 3500.00. car was running fine b4 he passed. not running now because of the fuel pump went bad. i dont live in florida my mother does and its just going to go to waste if it doesn't get taken care of. my dad would not want that so i hope someone that knows about theses cars can take good care of it. asking price is 3000.00 not going much lower than that so please dont try and low ball me. The car is in Melbourne Florida 32904. here are some pics of the car. u can email me, call or text me at 914-365-0829. hope to hear from someone soon.

00202_4ZgXuMPWzS4_600x450.jpg
00g0g_1KXOkz0Lnfr_600x450.jpg

00202_4ZgXuMPWzS4_50x50c.jpg

00g0g_1KXOkz0Lnfr_600x450.jpg

00202_4ZgXuMPWzS4_600x450.jpg

Only cars I remember seeing with these sensors on the outside from old literature are these Lincoln models of the 60s.

Yeah, Chrysler put them on the dash. This was added.

That is a factory option, in the factory location. My Dad had one on his survivor 68 300 as well. I wasn't aware that Lincoln used the same piece though!

Once again, the learning continues. We have even discussed this very detail in another thread quite some time ago and I swear we determined it didn't belong on a Mopar.
Years of memory abuse.....

The New Yorker turned out to be better than expected. It's a loaded maroon 4 dr HT with a full tan (or dirty white) vinyl top. Front disc brakes, power split front seats, even the am/fm radio works. No not mint or original paint or carb. Yes it will need some work inside and out. And the usual maintenance & safety before I put an old car back on the road. But it's in my back yard now and will make a nice project to replace my old Polara.

Last edited:
The New Yorker turned out to be better than expected. Not original paint or mint of course. It's a loaded maroon 4 dr HT with a full tan (or dirty white) vinyl top that's toast now. Interior was originally black cloth, now completely faded to gray. It does have front disc brakes-unfortunately no brakes work at all no-not even parking brake.q

If the interior has faded that much, it has been subjected to alot of heat. So, expect to replace the interior also. Sounds like easily 7-10K in restoration plus cost of car.

It's a funny material on the seats. Feels sort of like nylon/synthetic and looks gray-even down where the material goes under the front of the seats-not just over the back seat and where I would expect. When you fold down the arm rests you can see it is still dark. Maybe it's the hole in the ozone layer. Still, projects do get really expensive-we all know that.

I recall seeing them more on Imperials...really rare on the Chrysler.

The New Yorker turned out to be better than expected. It's a loaded maroon 4 dr HT with a full tan (or dirty white) vinyl top. Front disc brakes, power split front seats, even the am/fm radio works. No not mint or original paint or carb. Yes it will need some work inside and out. And the usual maintenance & safety before I put an old car back on the road. But it's in my back yard now and will make a nice project to replace my old Polara.
Congrats! I look forward to seeing more of this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back