1968 Newport Turn Signal Cam

Ghostultramarine

Reaction score
My turn signal cam is not in the best of shape (both of the arm ends are broken off).

I pulled the steering wheel today to look at it (and centre the steering wheel!).

Whomever a previous owner was did an interesting mod to help with the issue. As you can see in the photo they added some pieces of metal with small nuts and bolts to help hold the cam in place. (this was not working properly and I readjusted them for now to help it return to its original intended mod)

7752FBD6-72F2-4245-95DD-413E908FE409.jpeg

I was thinking I just needed the cam, but after browsing through Vans Auto, I'm wondering if I need the Saginaw one?

CHZSWCSM9.jpg

Turn Signal Cancel Cam - Fits 1967 1968 1969 Mopar A-Body, B-Body, C-Body

CHZSWC107.jpg

Saginaw Turn Signal Switch 1967 - 1969 C-Body

Or can I just replace the cam onto the switch I have?

It's a $130 difference. (and I have more time than money over the summer)

Last edited:
It could well be that the "Saginaw" column is the tilt/telescope column, although I also suspect that Saginaw built both columns for Chrysler. BUT both would be built to Chrysler's specs rather than GM specs, although the tilt/tele column would probably be more GM than Chrysler, due to its lower installation rate, I suspect.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

It could well be that the "Saginaw" column is the tilt/telescope column, although I also suspect that Saginaw built both columns for Chrysler. BUT both would be built to Chrysler's specs rather than GM specs, although the tilt/tele column would probably be more GM than Chrysler, due to its lower installation rate, I suspect.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

It's not tilt/telescopic (that would be nice, though, if I had that option). The Saginaw switch I posted is not for tilt/telescopic.

Back