1968 plymouth fury III PX23G8D243539 project

got the steering column stabbed back in tonight after work. it took 3 people. what a pain in the ***. I was in the car on the floorboard holding the steering column up, my homeboy was lining up the coupling onto the steering gear spindle, and my other homeboy was hitting the coupler with a hammer and block of wood.
it took some real effort to stab, but once in place, the roll pin went right back in flush thru the coupling, so I think its where its supposed to be.

mandatory photos.
I took one pic of the LCA and strut going together so dude could see how you have to take the torsion bar and LCA loose to get the strut out.
one pic the raising the lbj up to the spindle.
one pic of finished product.

driver-side-lbj.jpg

driver-side-strut.jpg

driver-side-finished.jpg

driver-side-lbj.jpg

driver-side-strut.jpg

driver-side-finished.jpg

allright well good news everyone. the car is together and will go down the road. next stop alignment shop. special thanks to Jason for dealing with me and all my questions while I was working on this.

the only thing I don't have worked out right now is somehow I got the P R N D 2 1 gauge off by one step at the column. park is left of P, drive is N, etc... ill fix that. some other day. not today. I got nothing left.

Looks great. Looks like an older GM caliper there. What set up did you use for the front brakes? Thanks John.

Hey, I have a 1966 Fury VIP that need torsion bar bushing for the front control arms. Where can I get those? Thanks

so I took my car in today to get a little tune on it. I took it to an old man with a shop up in sachse that was recommended to me. he was genuinely sad that im so insistent on keeping a 2bbl carb and snorkel air cleaner. he knows how restricted it is. he doesn't even really want to sell me the 4bbl + intake hes not trying to milk me or anything like that,, he wants to see a 383 motor run proper hella fast and he knows a 2bbl with a snorkel cant breathe.

what do I do?

go buy an edlebrock 600 + rpm + kn filter setup and gain ~30hp instantly? or leave it stock.

damn.

signed -

undecided

aight so today, im at the exhaust shop - mcswain garage @ 121 Austin st garland in case anyone needs it - and my car is up on the lift, and im crawling around under there. they fixed my manifold leak for $50 - vs doing it myself in the driveway and braking header bolts and a half day and all that it was a done deal.

anyways so im looking around. I noticed that my steering idler arm has knockered the oil pan.
20150327_115246.jpg

I show it to dude and we talk about it. we figure the oil pan is aftermarket and deeper than a stock one?

no sharp right turns for me until I work this out. what do you think?

- saylor

20150327_115246.jpg

aight so today, im at the exhaust shop - mcswain garage @ 121 Austin st garland in case anyone needs it - and my car is up on the lift, and im crawling around under there. they fixed my manifold leak for $50 - vs doing it myself in the driveway and braking header bolts and a half day and all that it was a done deal.

anyways so im looking around. I noticed that my steering idler arm has knockered the oil pan.
View attachment 48739

I show it to dude and we talk about it. we figure the oil pan is aftermarket and deeper than a stock one?

no sharp right turns for me until I work this out. what do you think?

- saylor

Snap judgement .. aftermarket

Not too many stock chrome oil pans on Mopars that I can recall ;)

Back