1968 plymouth fury III PX23G8D243539 project

and how do I get the back quarter trim off? I cant find it in the book...
windowtrim.jpg

windowtrim.jpg

i was pulling the edges off today, and this is the piece that is around the side of the rear window. there is no weatherstriping there. just glass and pookey.
the FSM has a double negative:

"identification of a polysulfide adhesive sealed rear window can be made by noting if rubber weatherstrip is visible between outer mouldings and glass. If not, the following procedures should be performed as specified to assure a proper and watertight installation."
is this that?
View attachment 51644
That looks like a rubber seal to me.

You need to roll down the back window to access the screws. There's Phillips head screws that hold it on Take all them out. The trim will slide right off.

kick *** broseph I appreciate it. I could not find a picture of it in the book.

we flooded out today but it may clear up later on so I may get out there sometime today.

at least its raining.

im gonna sand this all down, and probably put por15 silver over the whole top. right now im thinking about popping the front and rear glass out and treating the window channels too.

ok 3m has urethane pookey to glue the window in. it is for sure glued in. I got down to the glass edge today. its crunchy:

20150511_182901.jpg

20150511_182901.jpg

this little shim thing was in the bottom passenger side corner of the rear window / trim edge -

?

anyone know whats this?

20150511_172551.jpg

20150511_172551.jpg

its the roof commando. the roof has to get worked on. but every time I peel something back, there is more :)

im gonna be left with a pile of rust, some white paint, and a headlamp.

im gonna work the roof metal over as best as I can, and probably use por15 patch or por 15 epoxy to build up where this P.O.S riveting job is. im thinking about popping the rivets, but im scared of whats under there.

the last bits are the quarter window trims. Jason I rolled the window down and could not locate any screws/nuts/fasteners.

do the interior side panels have to come out to get to them?
20150511_173709.jpg

20150511_173709.jpg

Back