1968 plymouth fury III PX23G8D243539 project

its good, and real good. thanks for asking :)

I went on hiatus.

im still on hiatus from frisbee golf. but I will return soon.

I had a lot of life and other plans and work and more life happen. nothing that doesn't happen in everyone elses life or anything, but I had to put the car on the back burner for, what, almost a year? 9 months or so I guess.

I only started it like 2 or 3 times in months and months anyway. and sat. so that blew my mental game, so I quit golfin.

so now ive got most of the life and work stuff out of the way, and have a bit of funds, and a bit of weekend time, so its back at the car. I missed it and drove it all over town today.

I got a bunch of thumbs ups and #1s :)

one old dude said 'nice fairlane!'.

I got stopped by 2 dudes in a pickup that wanted to buy it - then they read the For Sale sign - it says 'NEVER' For Sale.

a chebby did a little 20 punch and so I got next to it and romped it. his truck bogged and I pulled away.

got the timing set, exhaust manifold leak fixed,

$7.00 safety inspection.

it is an awesome Friday.

- saylor

its good, and real good. thanks for asking :)

I went on hiatus.

im still on hiatus from frisbee golf. but I will return soon.

I had a lot of life and other plans and work and more life happen. nothing that doesn't happen in everyone elses life or anything, but I had to put the car on the back burner for, what, almost a year? 9 months or so I guess.

I only started it like 2 or 3 times in months and months anyway. and sat. so that blew my mental game, so I quit golfin.

so now ive got most of the life and work stuff out of the way, and have a bit of funds, and a bit of weekend time, so its back at the car. I missed it and drove it all over town today.

I got a bunch of thumbs ups and #1s :)

one old dude said 'nice fairlane!'.

I got stopped by 2 dudes in a pickup that wanted to buy it - then they read the For Sale sign - it says 'NEVER' For Sale.

a chebby did a little 20 punch and so I got next to it and romped it. his truck bogged and I pulled away.

got the timing set, exhaust manifold leak fixed,

$7.00 safety inspection.

it is an awesome Friday.

- saylor

Cheers saylor I'm glad you are back

That's no bubble car, it's a Motocoupe'. ;)

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

That's been the official Designation of the manufacturer to add a touch of class. It is a bubble car though. :)

There was a guy here stripping out a 67 or 68 coupe shell and i think it had a good roof? I am not sure if he scrapped it or not, Ill have a look and see if i can find the link.

so...
this kind of sets aside any restoration plans... i dont see too much point in it anymore.
this may call for drastic measures.
ill probably try to sand it and treat the rust then carry it to the bedliner place and see if they will spray me on a roof. or something.

i dunno.

i know it sucks.

Give us some more detail photos of the entire roof and all around the edges, we can only try to help in giving advice.

i was pulling the edges off today, and this is the piece that is around the side of the rear window. there is no weatherstriping there. just glass and pookey.
the FSM has a double negative:

"identification of a polysulfide adhesive sealed rear window can be made by noting if rubber weatherstrip is visible between outer mouldings and glass. If not, the following procedures should be performed as specified to assure a proper and watertight installation."
is this that?
20150509_173224.jpg

20150509_173224.jpg

Back