1968 plymouth fury III PX23G8D243539 project

commando you are totally 10000% spot on correct. I just want to drive it. it doesn't have to 'be' anything.

ive had the finest things on the planet, and ive had absolutely nothing, at different points in my life.

im good over here :)

- saylor

allright, so, I wasn't payin 25 bucks for 3m windo weld, because imma cheap bastard, and I needed 2 cans of the stuff.

I did some googling, and came up with Loctite pl30 as a close 2nd to the 3m goop. the drawback of this stuff is the cure time, 7 days to full cure. 24hrs to skin over.

I taped off the seams around the front and rear glass, and gooped up with a standard pookey gun. peeled the edge tape off, and had a perfect line. holy crap. then I had to go and touch it, and I borked it all up.

then I just had to keep the bugs out of it for 24 hours. the bugs won. I covered up the car and went out of town for a week. I think it rained all week here. I dunno. but the stuff set up and looks good now. its flexible, but sturdy, and keeps its shape. between the bed liner up top and this goop at the window channels, I bet I don't have any more leaks.

20160422_174518.jpg

wellp, the car is @ plano transmission today. going to have them chase leaks and fix a line that has a crimp in it - been that way since I got it. while I was there Mike the prez of cowtown mopars showed up with a friend that had a trailer with a 68 bronco on it to drop off. also in the lot was a gutless supreme. all promising signs to me!

also got some weatherstripping from steele rubber for the roofline and beltline. they didn't have vent window, and quarter window. anyone know wheres those can be had?

lastly, picked up 2x edelbrock carbs off CL for the 2x4 intake.

fun times. pics to follow sometime later :)

- saylor

ya since this car is not worthy of a show type restoration without a donor roof at minimum, the focus shifted a little bit :)

gonna take one of these
20160508_073315.jpg

and a coupla these:

20160508_073247.jpg

im just scraping CL and picking up cheap parts and goofing around. I don't have enough motor yet for this ^^. yet. its at the transmission shop right now getting the delivery side ready anyways. long way to go here to figure out linkage and whatnot.

wellp, the car is @ plano transmission today. going to have them chase leaks and fix a line that has a crimp in it - been that way since I got it. while I was there Mike the prez of cowtown mopars showed up with a friend that had a trailer with a 68 bronco on it to drop off. also in the lot was a gutless supreme. all promising signs to me!

also got some weatherstripping from steele rubber for the roofline and beltline. they didn't have vent window, and quarter window. anyone know wheres those can be had?

lastly, picked up 2x edelbrock carbs off CL for the 2x4 intake.

fun times. pics to follow sometime later :)

- saylor
Tell Jeff the Horvaths (Jeremy and Dylan) said "hi" when you go back to pick your car up. He's the best in the DFW area.

yes sir! I went there on account of some previous post about them doing good work - could very well have been one of yalls posts.

I figure ill hear from them around Wednesday or so with a report... they are plenty busy.

Very familiar. The lift your car is on is where my dad and I first got to see the underside of his Satellite.

yellowjacket.jpg
Soooo...... im working under the car up to my armpit trying to reach the 7/16 that holds the gas pedal thru the driver side floorpan . . . . .I see something move out of the corner of my eye.....
My donor trunk floor pan had mud wasps living quite happily in one of the cross beams...Fortunately when I dragged it home the temps were still in the low 40's and they were doped up pretty good!

allright, so, I wasn't payin 25 bucks for 3m windo weld, because imma cheap bastard, and I needed 2 cans of the stuff.

I did some googling, and came up with Loctite pl30 as a close 2nd to the 3m goop. the drawback of this stuff is the cure time, 7 days to full cure. 24hrs to skin over.

I taped off the seams around the front and rear glass, and gooped up with a standard pookey gun. peeled the edge tape off, and had a perfect line. holy crap. then I had to go and touch it, and I borked it all up.

then I just had to keep the bugs out of it for 24 hours. the bugs won. I covered up the car and went out of town for a week. I think it rained all week here. I dunno. but the stuff set up and looks good now. its flexible, but sturdy, and keeps its shape. between the bed liner up top and this goop at the window channels, I bet I don't have any more leaks.

20160422_174518.jpg

That fix blends quite well to the vinyl top. It`s clearly better than strips of tape.:thumbsup:

Back