47574388tl.jpg

1969 Dodge Polara
- 440 V8 interceptor police engine
- 727 heavy duty auto trans
- around 105,000 miles
- black exterior and black interior
- my dad bought this at a car auction in California in '71
- VIN DK41L9D 252541

I'd grab all three just to get the 69, AND its in the neighborhood. I am friggin out of town but will try to see if I can get my guys to go look.

I have three '69 civi cars to make this one sing,

HOWEVER, beyond powertrain work (my guys live for that stuff), but NOT interested in pans, rails, stub remediation (outdoors for 30 years in the snowbelt ..yikes).

Way too much work for me IF the body is gone...i see lower quarters behind rear wheels look kinda crispy. concerns me back third of car is rough top to bottom.

Neat find nonetheless.

Last edited:
usually the floor bords are a problem due to the rubber mat. And cowl and rearwindow area of course.

rails shouldn't be a problem

Carsten

Looks like it would be a fun daily if the rust isn't too bad.

To be honest: I did not post it because I did not want to raise “competitors”.

I am in touch with the seller since his ad was VERY fresh, and I hope I can buy this car, as I missed 3 or 4 of theses exact ones unfortunately.

Just ask Carsten @fc7_plumcrazy ;-)

I am a serious buyer, as people who had contact with me know: bought several things from members here and over at fbbo.

So support in my purchase (or at least not interfering ) would be much appreciated...I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks fcbo-members!

To be honest: I did not post it because I did not want to raise “competitors”.

I am in touch with the seller since his ad was VERY fresh, and I hope I can buy this car, as I missed 3 or 4 of theses exact ones unfortunately.

Just ask Carsten @fc7_plumcrazy ;-)

I am a serious buyer, as people who had contact with me know: bought several things from members here and over at fbbo.

So support in my purchase (or at least not interfering ) would be much appreciated...I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks fcbo-members!
all the best man.

i didnt call on it and wont now that i know a reputable member is on it.

if its still around in a couple months, i'll sniff around a bit more seriously then after checking with you.

:thumbsup:

When I was on the web seraching for a 69 Polara, I saw the CHP post on CL 2 days after it was listed and contacted the seller who sent some additional pics. But after considering the export fees and transportation cost, and the cost to redo the car, I lost interest in pursuing it any further.
I'll keep searching for the right 2 door, but who wouldn't want a CHP car in the C body world?
Hope you are able to make it happen @TobiasM

Back