1969 CHP Polara Wagon

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I wish I knew more about this car, I will probably have a chance to ask the person these pictures came from in a few weeks.
What I do know is it is a standard 1969 Dodge Polara wagon with a 383-4, it does have some of the CHP specific items, like the white steering wheel.
I also have a couple under hood shots but they are bad scans and hard to see, they do show it having a HD Leece Neville alternator and the special voltage regulator, it also looked like it might have a battery heat shield so it is possible that this is a police package car.

1969-3753_2.jpg

1969-3753_1.jpg

1969-3753_3.jpg

1969-3753_4.jpg

I did find it interesting that the antenna was mounted on the passenger side unlike the sedans that had it on the driver side.
I'm guessing that it might be because of the gas tank.

The pics are from '69, does this car still exist? It's kool!

Nice wagon.......looks extra long since it doesn't have a roof rack. LOL!

Excellent!! That would be an amazing find to unearth a 69 Polara CHP car today, damn how many could there have been?

Wow!... have seen later model police wagons but never a 69 Polara... must be new or close to new in pics? Cool!

I once saw a 71 polara wagon in Camden City dress in the junk yard in 1984. There were seven cars all together, all small blocks

I doubt it, like the regular patrol units probably long gone, on painted green rotting away in some field in Wisconsin.

Not many wagons left let alone a CHP wagon. Imagine opening a nailed shut garage door and seeing that on the other side?

HMMMMMM, Does anyone want to make one of those? I've got the perfect start for sale CHEAP!
69 monaco1.jpg

69 monaco1.jpg

It's not going to Europe?

Talk about a rare piece of Mopar history, can't wait to see more photo's. Thanks for sharing.

Talk about a rare piece of Mopar history, can't wait to see more photo's. Thanks for sharing.

These photos are dated October 1969, I do have a few others but the scans were bad. I do know the person that owns the original pictures and I'm going to check and see if he has the negatives.

The basic story I got from another friend was that his (owner of the pictures) sister was babysitting for the Sargent that had the car while there were out of town for a few days.
The other 4 pictures show the front seat and under hood, nothing unique to the wagon.

Really like to see the engine shot, I hope you can score the negatives.

Back