1969 Chrysler 300 Vert

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
And so it begins:

SOLD - 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible roller

This 300 was picked up from the owner and moved to the location of the 1971 Monaco 383-4 Coupe purchased at the same time. The Monaco will be in a separate thread.

My first vert ... a challenging assignment here. Will be a couple of years before its back on the road. It wont be a "concours" job .. nice, DD status is the goal. The next caretaker, if inclined to want to, could make it nicer.

I'll do my best on documenting the progress, but it needs quite a bit of rear frame, floor, and trunk work.

So my apologizes in advance if I don't meet the highest standards of progress reporting.. I am not doing the work personally, and its going on far from where I live.

Untitled70.jpg
Untitled72.jpg

Untitled76.jpg
Untitled86.jpg
Untitled79.jpg
Untitled80.jpg
Untitled81.jpg
Untitled83.jpg
Untitled84.jpg
Untitled85.jpg

Last edited:
More of the "as is" staring point.

Yes, seller retained the original powertrain. So again, a "numbers-matching" renovation is not possible. it will have a year correct 440, dialed up substantially from factory TNT but still be pump-gas reliable, with OEM look about it.

Untitled71.jpg
Untitled74.jpg
Untitled75.jpg
Untitled77.jpg
Untitled78.jpg
Untitled82.jpg

Why Ray ? You already have a sizeable stable and a bus. You've bought a few in recent years and let go of a few. What makes this car a need to purchase car for yourself?
I'm simply trying to understand what makes you tick ...

Why Ray ? You already have a sizeable stable and a bus. You've bought a few in recent years and let go of a few. What makes this car a need to purchase car for yourself?
Sometimes he goes to the grocery store when he’s hungry...:lol:

Hope the vehicle is not as dead as copilot "Captain Hook" :lol:

Good luck with your project!

Hey dave

This one was an EZ one. I see the "finish line" quite clearly on this car.

As you and some folks know .. i am not the collector i used to be but still have space for a much larger fleet .. one of a size and scope that i will never amass again in my natural lifetime. Too old, had my fun, must be careful against legislation rendering ALL our collectibles as 2 ton paperweights, etc.

This was an opportunistic buy because (1) never, ever had a vert, (2) it was 100 miles from the '71 GE7 Monaco and could be paired up for cost-effective transport, (3) priced for at a level that it HAD to be saved from derbiers or other defilers, and (4) AND a mere $$ pittance compared to the bus, and (5) I have all the parts for it needed to "save it".

Plus my kids like verts .. now that I am a grandpa (last month -- woo-hoo) .. something we can do as a family one day and may be the one car from my fleet they will keep around :)

nothin more complex than that boss :)

Hey dave

This one was an EZ one. I see the "finish line" quite clearly on this car.

As you and some folks know .. i am not the collector i used to be but still have space for a much larger fleet .. one of a size and scope that i will never amass again in my natural lifetime. Too old, had my fun, must be careful against legislation rendering ALL our collectibles as 2 ton paperweights, etc.

This was an opportunistic buy because (1) never, ever had a vert, (2) it was 100 miles from the '71 GE7 Monaco and could be paired up for cost-effective transport, (3) priced for at a level that it HAD to be saved from derbiers or other defilers, and (4) AND a mere $$ pittance compared to the bus, and (5) I have all the parts for it needed to "save it".

Plus my kids like verts .. now that I am a grandpa (last month -- woo-hoo) .. something we can do as a family one day and may be the one car from my fleet they will keep around :)

nothin more complex than that boss :)

Thanks Ray .... congratulations GP!

Thanks Ray .... congratulations GP!

oldest daughter had a boy on thanksgiving eve. #1 for me

itll be a while before he wants to borrow Grampa's 71 yr old, 19ft long, ICE-powered Chrysler-saurus Rex" vert -- but holdin' out hope he'll be a car guy one day while im on this side of the sod.:)

:thankyou:

I missed this thread somehow. I also wondered about captain hook, I thought it may have been the PO waiting for it to be restored.:D I do hope you get it finished before it's you though.

headed home. will start monaco thread here when unloaded. day trip, good weather, so vert is fine .. it goes indoors on arrival.

20200104_100540.jpg
20200104_111003.jpg
20200104_111650.jpg

again neither of these cars will be be instantly started on --except for the hunt for parts. interested in anything decent anybody has .. just PM me.

goal for monaco, however, is Carlisle 2021 dragged behind PD-4501.

99% likely ONE will be ready ... only 70% likely both will be ready but gonna try. 300 in 2022 (unless a lottery win is in my future :))

Back