For Sale 1969 Chrysler Town & Country wagon - $7800 (Keota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1969 Chrysler Town & Country wagon

1969 Chrysler Town & Country StationWagon. Just out of long term storage. 48,146 miles. 440 Automatic. All power windows and vents. AM/FM 8 track stereo. Third rear facing seat. Climate control. Has dual exhaust. New tires less then 50 miles on tires. Body is in good condition. Runs great. We have owned the car for 42 years looking to down size my collection. $7,800 319-330-3881

00o0o_eGR2xVKjo59_600x450.jpg

00o0o_eGR2xVKjo59_50x50c.jpg
00000_3zCCPCSQQOO_50x50c.jpg
01515_l9H1XtMUR9U_50x50c.jpg
00S0S_GQIeO4vRbw_50x50c.jpg
00b0b_2lDvWsjP9rd_50x50c.jpg
00e0e_kUiYAP8KFh1_50x50c.jpg
00000_abAR1IUbvkc_50x50c.jpg
00z0z_eaf9H9Z2NLE_50x50c.jpg
00S0S_heDXL9CqUqm_50x50c.jpg
01616_68Bcm3Yp1xO_50x50c.jpg
00z0z_clxe6XctR58_50x50c.jpg
00606_iky6yWDDFgu_50x50c.jpg
00101_dT2uCrTeW2j_50x50c.jpg
00V0V_4ZXxdUnnLc5_50x50c.jpg
01717_kj6QHUdy82r_50x50c.jpg
00p0p_j7f2hPn8U6h_50x50c.jpg
00d0d_4j9hHmJhCZ8_50x50c.jpg

That is a rerun... which is a moot point.

Nice looking car. Great color. I was never into wagons (my dd is a Touring, not a Wagon), but this makes me think if I should be. If only it had a more high grade interior. More like the 1960/61 Town&Country. Like this one, for example:

53_5543_1960_CHRYSLER_NEW%20YORKER_5.jpg

Now, I wonder if you could swap some New Yorker door panels into that '69. And buckets and a console from a 2 door New Yorker.

That is a rerun... which is a moot point.

Nice looking car. Great color. I was never into wagons (my dd is a Touring, not a Wagon), but this makes me think if I should be. If only it had a more high grade interior. More like the 1960/61 Town&Country. Like this one, for example:

View attachment 144289

Now, I wonder if you could swap some New Yorker door panels into that '69. And buckets and a console from a 2 door New Yorker.

Why not just go for the real deal, if you can find one (or afford it!)...........................

0fc45c483097587a65052af3d98c46fb.jpg

fa7fa09d771e26ee60b64dab6ea2c37b.jpg

Or since we are dreaming anyway, why not even skip the wagon since they are too expensive and just go for this more sporty one if you can find one of them either at an affordable price ...........................

chrysler-new-yorker-2-door-hardtop-front-side-onsdagstraffar-pa-gammlia-v32-2017-1-430412.jpg

1969 Chrysler Town & Country wagon

1969 Chrysler Town & Country StationWagon. Just out of long term storage. 48,146 miles. 440 Automatic. All power windows and vents. AM/FM 8 track stereo. Third rear facing seat. Climate control. Has dual exhaust. New tires less then 50 miles on tires. Body is in good condition. Runs great. We have owned the car for 42 years looking to down size my collection. $7,800 319-330-3881

View attachment 144116

I actually considered buying this light blue 1969 T&C when it came up the first time, but elected instead to go with one with a little fewer miles (41K) and manual a/c. I am working on it now to refresh the powertrain after many years of sitting (mostly new seals, suspension bushings and other maintenance such as the fuel system, etc, and some clean up). I will also leave the original paint, just buff it up. It needs some headliner work too, but that will come soon. It will look identical to this one, including color:

5234660191_1dc0ccdd41.jpg

It would really be great if you could share the headliner repair with us. I was just looking inside my 69 and 71 Town & Countries last night, wondering about what it will take to fix the headliner panels that are sagging and falling down. Here's my '69. I think it's the same color as the one in your picture. If so, do you have a green interior too?

Jeff

69 T&C left.JPG

69 T&C interior.JPG

Wow, mine is also a green interior and the same color exterior. So there are two survivors on this site virtually identical! You have more options than I do though, but I also have the am/fm 8 track, power windows, and more, and thankfully, mine has manual a/c. Thankfully my seats are still perfect, but seeing yours and the light blue one in the listing above, I wonder how much longer!? I will try to keep them preserved. Looks like someone put some small speakers in your front door panels at least, and interestingly, someone put some speakers in mine too - unfortunately.

When I get to the headliner, I will share what I come up with. I am leaning towards putting in a cloth wagon headliner from a 1973 model wagon to avoid the perforated hardboard that seems to always sag and tear over time and exposure to heat in the roof area.

It is interesting that I also have a 1971 Town & Country wagon as well, with nearly the same exterior color (tawny gold) but a parchment interior. Both it and my 1969 T & C have dual a/c too. My T & C is going to likely be up for sale since the motor is stuck and it has over 100K miles and needs a full restoration. But it has nearly every option available, much like your 1969. I really need to target most of my time in the future to my 2 door C bodies that I like the most.

Thanks for responding - I have wondered for some time now whether your avatar represented something you owned or sought after.

:thumbsup:

Very interesting. Looks like we have a Town & Country semi-parallel universe going on. I believe that my 71 is also Tawny gold, but to be honest I haven't studied up on my color names as well as I probably should. It has a brown interior, which you don't seem to see as often as the other colors. The body is quite rough, but it's totally rust free, spending most of it's life in Palm Desert, California. It has a slightly unusual mix of options: 6 seater, no rack or handles, bench seat, but full powers.
71 T&C left.JPG

71 T&C right.JPG

71 T&C fender.JPG

71 T&C door.JPG

71 T&C interior.JPG

I too was considering switching over to the bow-style headliner. I took a bunch of pics with measurements on a rusty '73 T&C that I parted out. I can send you the full size pics if you would like. I would have to guess that the '69-'71 wagons won't have the holes punched for the bows.

Jeff

bows 1.JPG

bows 2.JPG

Geeze, after looking at some of the posted pictures, I think Hagerty needs to reevaluate a recent statement when they said, "Buy a Wagon; their are commonly well taken care of." Eeek!

Car for sale has the same radio as my car!

Very interesting. Looks like we have a Town & Country semi-parallel universe going on. I believe that my 71 is also Tawny gold, but to be honest I haven't studied up on my color names as well as I probably should. It has a brown interior, which you don't seem to see as often as the other colors. The body is quite rough, but it's totally rust free, spending most of it's life in Palm Desert, California. It has a slightly unusual mix of options: 6 seater, no rack or handles, bench seat, but full powers.
View attachment 144338
View attachment 144339
View attachment 144340

View attachment 144341

View attachment 144342

I too was considering switching over to the bow-style headliner. I took a bunch of pics with measurements on a rusty '73 T&C that I parted out. I can send you the full size pics if you would like. I would have to guess that the '69-'71 wagons won't have the holes punched for the bows.

Jeff

View attachment 144343

View attachment 144344

Parallel universe indeed! You also have more cars than you can probably deal with - just like me as well! :realcrazy:

You are further along on the headliner than I am at present, and yes, when you get a chance, if you have a photo or two with the precise measurements, that would be helpful, as I too doubt the 69s have those holes in them. I also need to think about how to mount the roof light, but again, it would probably be like the 73s.

Glad to know there is someone else out there like me - I feel better now!

Steve

I actually considered buying this light blue 1969 T&C when it came up the first time, but elected instead to go with one with a little fewer miles (41K) and manual a/c. I am working on it now to refresh the powertrain after many years of sitting (mostly new seals, suspension bushings and other maintenance such as the fuel system, etc, and some clean up). I will also leave the original paint, just buff it up. It needs some headliner work too, but that will come soon. It will look identical to this one, including color:

View attachment 144309

The light blue is for sale for 6 months now ??
It looks good in the pictures but i know someone who was interested in it also and someone in that area did take a look at the car for him and told him to look further for a better one..........

Geeze, after looking at some of the posted pictures, I think Hagerty needs to reevaluate a recent statement when they said, "Buy a Wagon; their are commonly well taken care of." Eeek!

Car for sale has the same radio as my car!

I think reality is that most wagons were abused or at least used hard, and a few lucky ones were well cared for. All four of the Town & Countries that I've owned had significant collision damage done in the past that was repaired.

Why not just go for the real deal, if you can find one (or afford one)...

No thanks - as I stated, I never was into wagons, but this blue '69 makes me think if I should be.

Or since we are dreaming anyway, why not even skip the wagon since they are too expensive and just go for this more sporty one if you can find one of them....

Well I'm not dreaming, I was merely speculating on possibilities to upgrade the rather base looking interior. I have real world problems of my own in gathering up bits and pieces to make this run again:

20160311_Kraisla lähtee.jpg

The engine came on a separate pallet:
20160309_Big motor.jpg

Some bits and pieces are still missing before its on the road again. But it will be.
IMG_0786.JPG

20160311_Satamassa.jpg

Parallel universe indeed! You also have more cars than you can probably deal with - just like me as well! :realcrazy:

You are further along on the headliner than I am at present, and yes, when you get a chance, if you have a photo or two with the precise measurements, that would be helpful, as I too doubt the 69s have those holes in them. I also need to think about how to mount the roof light, but again, it would probably be like the 73s.

Glad to know there is someone else out there like me - I feel better now!

Steve

You are spot on. I'll need to live to 100 to get everything done that I want to. Sadly, it looks like it's going to be close to another 10 years before I can really get rolling on the car projects. I have a nice storage building, but don't have a good shop for doing body work right now, and it's going to be a while before I can change that. I still don't have all the parts I need either. I'm getting pretty close on some of the cars, where I only need a few minor items, but it's stuff that's really hard to find. Some of the cars in the background of the pictures have been sold, and one of them wasn't mine, so that brings down the number a bit.

PM me with your email and I'll send you the full size pics for the headliner bows. If you don't have the bows yet, you may be able to get them from the guy who's parting out the '72 T&C on here.

Jeff

The light blue is for sale for 6 months now ??
It looks good in the pictures but i know someone who was interested in it also and someone in that area did take a look at the car for him and told him to look further for a better one..........

It does look like the car was stored in a real damp place. I see traces of the Black Plague on the dash, and it looks like the fender top is actually rusting thru from underneath, which is really unusual.

You are spot on. I'll need to live to 100 to get everything done that I want to. Sadly, it looks like it's going to be close to another 10 years before I can really get rolling on the car projects. I have a nice storage building, but don't have a good shop for doing body work right now, and it's going to be a while before I can change that. I still don't have all the parts I need either. I'm getting pretty close on some of the cars, where I only need a few minor items, but it's stuff that's really hard to find. Some of the cars in the background of the pictures have been sold, and one of them wasn't mine, so that brings down the number a bit.

PM me with your email and I'll send you the full size pics for the headliner bows. If you don't have the bows yet, you may be able to get them from the guy who's parting out the '72 T&C on here.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for the help - I will follow through. Your situation sounds like the one I exited about 5 years ago, a job that took all I had and nothing left over for what I wanted to do with my cars. But that is just the opposite now that I am retired. Much to do, and I won't get all mine done either even if I live to 100. PM sent.

Is this a rescued engine donor, or was the engine removed for repairs?

Yes, this is a rescued engine donor. The irony is, I had been looking for a nice, complete car for years, and finally settled for this "DIY-kit". Paid dearly to have it shipped intact from the middle of US. Then all of a sudden three very similar ones popped up, two of them here. Life is full of irony, I guess.

I can certainly relate to that. It can be so hard to know when it's the right time to pull the trigger on something or when it's better to wait. Despite the extra money you had to spend, I'm glad to see it will get a second chance at life, and I think you'll have a real sharp car when it's done.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back