For Sale 1969 dodge monaco 383HP CHEAP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
I think its a bargain...... ***1969 DODGE POLARA***

upload_2017-4-15_9-44-6.png

upload_2017-4-15_9-44-55.png

upload_2017-4-15_9-45-34.png

It's interesting that he managed to screw up the model with something close... that isn't written on the car.

Also shows you the difference in value between fusies/formals and content/condition levels... I set out looking for an unloved 4dr sedan fusie as a winter beater, something exactly like this. Instead I bought a model 7 years newer with tons more equipment in far better shape for $100 less.

Lucky for mine (and unlucky for my crowded driveway) I love all three generations (and Mopars in general)

1105161652c_HDR_edit.jpg

Wow, I love this car. Seems to be an easy restoration if the rust isn't too bad. Nice option with the 383 Magnum. I hope someone saves it.

Polara...... Monaco Dave doesn't sound right but a 71 Monaco at that price couldn't be ignored

Maybe you have seen this one ?
It,s sold and i don,t know how old the ad is but if you can get the buyers number.......!?
upload_2017-4-15_13-52-18.png

For Sale

This one is a nice survivor. Always liked the grills on the 69's but overall the 70/71 front ends look better with the loop front bumper. My .02.

Just to toss in my two cents on names...

A 383-4 335 horse HP Magnum was not offered in C bodies. In 69, a 383-4 with AC in any body style would not be a Magnum. They would be the 330 horse version.

68-70 Magnums would be 383-4, or 440-4, but not all 383-4s are 335 horse HP Magnums. The actual assembly depends on the application.

Just to toss in my two cents on names...

A 383-4 335 horse HP Magnum was not offered in C bodies. In 69, a 383-4 with AC in any body style would not be a Magnum. They would be the 330 horse version.

68-70 Magnums would be 383-4, or 440-4, but not all 383-4s are 335 horse HP Magnums. The actual assembly depends on the application.
So could this car be ordered with the 4bbl, hp manifolds and dual exhaust as separate options back in the day if you wanted them in a C body? It was distinguished from the Magnum by the cam that would likely also be milder and one size only for C bodies?

They can't read the name "Monaco" and can't do math very well either. "Over 60 years old".

I saw that but these days I can't dwell on the little things it keeps me somber

Serenity now

Intriguing. However, those shots of the floor give me the impression that water has sat on the carpet and the trunk pan for awhile. Otherwise, if out here I would stop by for a good look and some cash in hand. Before I got my 73 I looked at a 69 white sedan with 383-2V engine at $3500 in 2009. Trunk packed with what looked like 1000 lbs. of plumbing supplies so now the leaf springs bent the other way. You could look through the dutchman's panel in either direction. Gas tank needed to be pulled but a tow hitch was welded under it so that needed to be cut off. No test drive possible. Blue interior was fine. The older owner saw the car "as having memories" and I saw the car as needing a hell of a lot of work.

So could this car be ordered with the 4bbl, hp manifolds and dual exhaust as separate options back in the day if you wanted them in a C body? It was distinguished from the Magnum by the cam that would likely also be milder and one size only for C bodies?

I've always thought the moniker "HP manifolds" a bit misleading. It implies there are similarly situated "LP manifolds". There are 2bbl and 4bbl manifolds. In '69, A/C was not available with a 335 horse Magnum. All 69 383 Magnums are 4bbls but not all 69 383-4s are Magnums. The only 383-4 in a 69 C body would be the 330 horse version.

I've always thought the moniker "HP manifolds" a bit misleading. It implies there are similarly situated "LP manifolds". There are 2bbl and 4bbl manifolds. In '69, A/C was not available with a 335 horse Magnum. All 69 383 Magnums are 4bbls but not all 69 383-4s are Magnums. The only 383-4 in a 69 C body would be the 330 horse version.
Thankgawd you're here.

Just for my edification where does the 5 extra hp come from is not exhaust manifolds? Cam?

Just for my edification where does the 5 extra hp come from is not exhaust manifolds? Cam?

Likely the cam profile and a couple of other tweaks. The exhaust manifolds are the same on a 330 and 335 horse B body. The 383-4 A body version has its own specific items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back