For Sale 1969 Imp Very nice in Auction MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the ocean freight, you mean everythin included for 2180$ ? Because the last quote I have is 1290$ from LA to le Havre. +550€ of harbour fees.

Hey Xavier

Yes.. I believe it's all, for the majestic sum of 15.000 DKK which is 2177 USD today, and includes paperwork, loading, shipping, unloading, harbour fees, container transport to unloading zone, and return to dock, and all that crap they add if your'e not careful, and get a quote with all details included.

Thanks for the kind gesture to compare shipping.. and it might be a bit cheaper, but then there's the trip back north, through Europe.

PS: Are you gonna paint your Hurst BLACK ?

:-D

Thanks man.. :-D Yes.. the B3 is really good on the Imps..!

1978 NYB's too.......LOL!

DSC01186.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

Wow, 3k just for transport. Living state side has it's benefits. I hope these transports work out for both of you.

Yes it does have benefits.. many.

I could write a lot about how envious I am. Not only do you not have to worry about shipping, but also the taxes over here, are totally ridiculous...

I just talked to an American dealing US classics, based here in DK, offering shipping as well. He had bad news.. as he told me, that a foreigner will not be able to legally drive a car in the US, unless the owner takes responsibility (which I doubt, that the auction-ppl's will do). If this is true, If it is not possible, I will order "full shipping" from here instead..

Of course I would love to visit the US, and get away from work for a while, but in such a situation, I would prefer to arrange the trip differently.

Anyone here have experience in this particular regard? The car IS currently registered, and I would gladly pay for registration and insurance.. but can it be done? I have an international license, and have been driving in many countries, without any accidents.

I started writing a little update the other day, but my browser froze when I tried to ad a pic of the container ship and it's position, so I did a screen dump of what I had already written..
forc.jpg

EDIT: Which I seem to be unable resize.. sorry !

Anyways.. The Blue wonder is now loaded onto MSC Brianna, and heading to Bremerhaven..

msc bRIANNA.jpgBRIANNA MAP.jpg

forc.jpg

forc.jpg

msc bRIANNA.jpg

BRIANNA MAP.jpg

For me it is just an empty shell to restore my 300 ! ;)

I'm not trying to steal this thread, but can't resist asking: So you bought a body - was it a rolling shell (on it's own wheels that is) and if so, did you get it already? Did the transport companies manage to keep it intact? No bent sheet metal and/or bent/dented bumpers?

This comes a little late, sorry. But you should have send it to Rotterdam, much lower taxes and all this. Choosing the netherlands saved me at least 1k€.

But what counts is, that it is on its way to europe! :) You have to make a roadtrip to the Mopar Nationals next year to show off your beauty!

I started writing a little update the other day, but my browser froze when I tried to ad a pic of the container ship and it's position, so I did a screen dump of what I had already written..
View attachment 61383

EDIT: Which I seem to be unable resize.. sorry !

Anyways.. The Blue wonder is now loaded onto MSC Brianna, and heading to Bremerhaven..

View attachment 61384View attachment 61385

I picked up my brand new 1989 Z-28 there and drove it to Augsburg for 3 years while I was in the Army. Truck transport took it back in 1992 and shipped it back to the states and had it waiting at BWI Airport in Baltimore and I drove it from the airport to Wisconsin when I got off the plane in 1992.

This comes a little late, sorry. But you should have send it to Rotterdam, much lower taxes and all this. Choosing the netherlands saved me at least 1k€.

But what counts is, that it is on its way to europe! :) You have to make a roadtrip to the Mopar Nationals next year to show off your beauty!

Thanks Vodka-man.. :)

I did some quick calculations about NL vs DK, and found that what ever I would save in import tax, would be eaten up by transportation (or drive) ~ NL to DK.. and as I don't know the "reliability / driveability" of the car yet, I would be hesitant to drive it all the way from NL for our maiden voyage...

What is the "classic car import tax" and other expenses you have to pay in Germany..? Here, it's actually not to bad.. (as long as as the car is a 100% original classic)..

EDIT: I need to ad, (to make this make sense), that the Imp WILL be shipped all the way to DK.. Bremerhaven is just the first European destination..!

;-)

Good point with the long drive, but me personally, I would try it anyway because my ADAC (like AAA) membership includes the car return in case of a breakdown. ;)

In the netherlands, you don't have to pay customs fees and just 6% import taxes. In Germany you have to pay 10% customs fees and 19% import taxes. If you can read german texts, I can send you the page from my shipping contract with all the information about import and fees.

Good point with the long drive, but me personally, I would try it anyway because my ADAC (like AAA) membership includes the car return in case of a breakdown. ;)

In the netherlands, you don't have to pay customs fees and just 6% import taxes. In Germany you have to pay 10% customs fees and 19% import taxes. If you can read german texts, I can send you the page from my shipping contract with all the information about import and fees.

That's interesting.. Here in DK (Each year, in the top three most tax plagued countries on the planet), we only pay 5%, and the customs fees were so reasonable, that I actually forgot how much it was. However, the REGISTRATION TAX.. is bad bad bad here. I'll probably have to pay in the neighborhood of 40.000 DKK for the Imp (6000 USD / 5333 EUR). I read German better than I write it, but do not understand all.. Could be interesting to see the Dutch papers though.. if cheaper through here, I will gladly help others who consider importing.

I forgot to comment on the German Mopar Nationals.. I am going very much next year, and looking forward to meet you, Carsten and all the other good "Mopar leute" !

I still feel robbed from my US road trip.. :-( Among many other things, I was looking forward to testing the myth, about "things happening in Vegas", and see if they'd "stay there".. :-D

I'm not trying to steal this thread, but can't resist asking: So you bought a body - was it a rolling shell (on it's own wheels that is) and if so, did you get it already? Did the transport companies manage to keep it intact? No bent sheet metal and/or bent/dented bumpers?

Hi,

yes I bought a body in very good shape from a member here.
No it is just the body + rear sub frame. Brian build a rolling pallet for it, so it can be moved freely and easily.
there was no bumper or else I wanted just what I needed ;)
I asked them to do their best and I think it is ok. I will see it next week I think.
and yes it was very exensive :( slightly more than a rolling car.

It is my 5th import.
the first ( imperial ) was ok. no damages.
second ( corvette 76 ) average : front bumper was cracked and driver window open = car full of water.
third ( corvette 74 ) : ok.
four ( 300H ) : ok
five : 300 body. ok but expensive.

default-1970-chrysler-body-img.jpg

and the price I can tell.. I have it just here stuck in my... throat..
pick up and transport to france : 2000€
taxes and harbour costs : 1330€

default-1970-chrysler-body-img.jpg

Nice car....us Europeans don't mess around you know...you have great cars, we want great cars..easy, just pay up, ship and enjoy!!! Ive always said that the boys Stateside have it way too easy. I wish we had barns full of C bodies just a couple of hours away etc. I could easily become a barge hoarder!!! .....cheers Steve

That's interesting.. Here in DK (Each year, in the top three most tax plagued countries on the planet), we only pay 5%, and the customs fees were so reasonable, that I actually forgot how much it was. However, the REGISTRATION TAX.. is bad bad bad here. I'll probably have to pay in the neighborhood of 40.000 DKK for the Imp (6000 USD / 5333 EUR). I read German better than I write it, but do not understand all.. Could be interesting to see the Dutch papers though.. if cheaper through here, I will gladly help others who consider importing.

I forgot to comment on the German Mopar Nationals.. I am going very much next year, and looking forward to meet you, Carsten and all the other good "Mopar leute" !

I still feel robbed from my US road trip.. :-( Among many other things, I was looking forward to testing the myth, about "things happening in Vegas", and see if they'd "stay there".. :-D

I don't have dutch papers, because the car was only imported in the netherlands, but was ment to be delivered to germany. I "only" payed aprox. 2k€ to get my imp to my garage.
I hope we met at the nationals next year! Would be great!

You know, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.... except herpes, this **** stays forever ;)

Nice car....us Europeans don't mess around you know...you have great cars, we want great cars..easy, just pay up, ship and enjoy!!! Ive always said that the boys Stateside have it way too easy. I wish we had barns full of C bodies just a couple of hours away etc. I could easily become a barge hoarder!!! .....cheers Steve

I'd be equally ecstatic and proud, to be able to call myself a "barge hoarder".. :icon_king:

I don't have dutch papers, because the car was only imported in the netherlands, but was ment to be delivered to germany. I "only" payed aprox. 2k€ to get my imp to my garage.
I hope we met at the nationals next year! Would be great!

You know, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.... except herpes, this **** stays forever ;)

OK, I thought you meant the import tax papers, but never mind... :eek:ccasion14:

Ha ha, true about the herpes..! A little "unwanted bonus"..

I will come to your Mopar Nationals 2016 for sure.. I know some of my DK Mopar-friends went this summer, and I was sad not to be able to go / come.. coz of to much work, but next summer will be different !

2016 will be the year, when I will print out a HUGE "car event calendar", and plan ahead (unlike this summer, where all was work, work and chaos).. and I will try my very best, to attend the Mopar events in DK, SWE.

If you have the time, you should consider "US Camp".. that was a the best new event (new to me), that I went to this summer..

http://http://www.uscarcamp.dk/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPFuYPOpWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qN981rWQ18

I'm going again this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back